Complaint Review: Illinois Bone and Joint - Libertyville

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: MC — Libertyville Illinois United States of America
Illinois Bone and Joint - Libertyville
720 florsheim drive libertyville, Illinois United States of America

Illinois Bone and Joint - Libertyville Medical Supply Rip Off libertyville, Illinois

Was planning to have a surgical procedure done and stopped by the Illinois Bone and Joint office in Libertyville to pick up scripts ahead of time.  While I was there I also picked up the supplies I would need after surgery.  When I got home I decided to look on the internet to make sure I got reasonable pricing --- what a joke --- I was over charged 250% for the same identical item at several internet sites.  This is not an item covered by insurance and when I called to see if I could return it the office manager said no because it had left the office.  I understand not accepting returns because if the thing is not packaged in a way that ensures it wasn't used, it makes total sense.

What doesn't make sense is gouging patients --- yes gouging.  The price I paid at the Illinois Bone and Joint office in Libertyville was also 17% higher than the manufactures suggested retail price!  No wonder health insurance is so high.... with doctors gouging the system and charging outrageous prices.

Patient beware -- check your prices before accepting ANY equipment from this office or practice.  I include the practice because the office manager went on a little litany about how pricing is figured at the corporate level blah blah blah.... all I know is you ripped me off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Illinois-Bone-and-Joint-Libertyville/libertyville-Illinois-60048/Illinois-Bone-and-Joint-Libertyville-Medical-Supply-Rip-Off-libertyville-Illinois-991387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Illinois Bone and Joint - Libertyville