Complaint Review: Illinois Department of Human Services

• Updated: Fri, March 25, 2011

• Reported By: Regina — ELK GROVE VILLAGE Illinois USA
Illinois Department of Human Services
8020 Saint Louis Ave Skokie, Illinois United States of America

Illinois Department of Human Services unorganized, misses appointments, doesn't answer phone Skokie, Illinois

My family and I moved back to Illinois in May 2010.  I applied for food stamps in JUne 2010.  The Skokie office wrote back with an appointment for me to come into the office for an interview.  First of all, the case worker was rude. She would not let me ask any questions.....after they made me wait 2 extra hours for my appointment(My appointment was scheduled for 1pm).  I didn't have all required docuMents and was told to fax the rest in. So i did. I called my caseworker and told her I had faxed in my stuff.  Then about 2 weeks later I got a letter saying we were denied because I didnt send in everything.  I applied again in August.  This time it was scheduled for a phone interview.  Again, they were supposed to call at 11:15am.  They did not call until 3:45pm and I could not answer the phone cause I was in my kids' doctor appointment.  Just recently(about a week or so ago), I filled out their online application for a third time.  I got a letter for a phone interview that was supposed to happen on March 22nd, at 1:15pm. This time they flat out didnt call.  I have tried many times to call the main office in Skokie, but their main number just rings off the hook, and no one answers. I have also tried calling the help line 800 number, and I get the same message after I enter all my options. "Our representatives are busy helping other people. PLease try your call again later." Now, this is a government run agency.  they have failed to be professional about anything all the times I have dealt with them.  We had lived in Wisconsin with family for the previous 2 years, and I had NO problem getting aid there.  We come back to Illinois and I can't even get ahold of anyone to talk to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2011 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Illinois-Department-of-Human-Services/Skokie-Illinois-/Illinois-Department-of-Human-Services-unorganized-misses-appointments-doesnt-answer-ph-710183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Illinois Department of Human Services