Complaint Review: Illinois Tollway

• Submitted: Tue, July 27, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, July 27, 2010

• Reported By: John denune — Newark Ohio U.S.A.
Illinois Tollway
PO Box 5201, Lisle, IL 60532-5201 Downers Grove, Illinois United States of America

Illinois Tollway I-PASS I thought I was in a HOV (High Vehicle Occupancy) Lane Downers Grove, Illinois

Our family went on a 7,000+ mile car vacation summer 2010 and a month after we got home we received a ticket for dodging a toll booths. We took quarters with us, and have never tried to avoid a toll in our life! After leaving Chicago we headed north and got on the toll road. It was very crowded, and we noticed the left lanes were not as bad so we entered them. I have seen lanes like this in many states, which are designed for any car with high vehicle occupancy (HOV). I assumed "I-Pass" was their name for HOV. I was wrong. There was no clear warning. This company is making a mint. I paid my $80 fines on $4.20 worth of tolls. We will avoid IL like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2010 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Illinois-Tollway/Downers-Grove-Illinois-60515/Illinois-Tollway-I-PASS-I-thought-I-was-in-a-HOV-High-Vehicle-Occupancy-Lane-Downers-Gro-626804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Illinois Tollway