Complaint Review: Illinois Tollway

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Navigater56 — Dyer Indiana United States of America
Illinois Tollway
2700 Ogden Ave Downers Grove, Illinois United States of America

Illinois Tollway Unbelievable fines and fees levied against me for unpaid tolls! Downers Grove, Illinois

I too have been a recipient of a outrageous bill from the Illinois tollway for $2064.70 because of $34.70 in unpaid tolls. These tolls have been incurred since Nov of 2012 and the bill from the collection agency was dated February 19th 2013. The collection agency says I have to negotiate with the Illinois tollway to have any fees reduced. I have asked the tollway to send me an e-mail when my account was getting low and they said they could not as they don't have the capacity to do so. I had put money in my account but these tolls must have been incurred between the times I've exhausted my account and then made deposits. I don't understand why they wouldn't take any unpaid tolls out of my account once deposits have been made. Is there not a law that puts a ceiling on fee's and penalties that the Illinois tollway can charge? If these fees and penalties have been approved by a court please let us know the judge's name so we can make sure that this crooked judge never sits on a bench again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Illinois-Tollway/Downers-Grove-Illinois-60515/Illinois-Tollway-Unbelievable-fines-and-fees-levied-against-me-for-unpaid-tolls-Downers-1021283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Illinois Tollway