Complaint Review: Illinois Tollway

• Submitted: Tue, March 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:oak lawn Illinois
Illinois Tollway
2700 W Ogden Ave Downers Grove, Illinois U.S.A.

Illinois Tollway HIGHWAY ROBBERY Downers Grove Illinois

I recieved a violation about 5 pages long from the Iliinois tollway system. They gave me about 8 days to pay $501.20...I asked if I could make payments considering it was such a short time. No way, must be paid in full. Well I explained that I did not have that kind of money.

I tried to do a little researching on the computer, I knew I couldnt have missed that many tolls...That was nearly impossible. 2 weeks later I got a letter raising my fine to $13.000.00....2 weeks after that $44,000.00. WHO SETS THESE FINES? I thought Blogo was gone...They might as well make it A MILLION DOLLARS...

I called them numerous times and got no where. Try getting through to them...thats another story...OH! I asked for a hearing but they said it was too late...I should have done that on my first call...If anyone has a simalar complaints like this PLEASE POST THEM. Something has to be done about this

Mike
oak lawn, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2009 04:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Illinois-Tollway/Downers-Grove-Illinois/Illinois-Tollway-HIGHWAY-ROBBERY-Downers-Grove-Illinois-432556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Illinois Tollway