Complaint Review: Illinois Tollway

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: Munciegirl — muncie Indiana
Illinois Tollway
, Illinois USA

Illinois Tollway Illinois Tollway Scam - I paid my tolls but get letter month later that I ran the tolls!!! Illinois

We traveled to Chicago approximately one month ago and while enroute -- stopped at three toll booths where we promptly paid for our tolls roughly in the vicinity of $1.50-$1.90 each.  We recently received a letter in the mail with a picture of our vehicle license plate and partial car shot stating that we had traveled in the I-Pass Lane and had not paid any of our tolls.  The picture they posted of our vehicle is identical in all three shots (there is a sunglare on the exact same spot of the window at all three tolls booths)  How can that be?  So they are telling us that if we don't pay the FINE in the amount of $69, we will have our license / registration revoked.  This is INSANE, as we clearly paid our tolls.  I can only find one receipt that we actually got from a cashier, but at least it proves in clear cold fact that we paid one cashier.  Of course we paid all three, but they clearly have some sort of scam going on here to collect funds !!! WHen i called about it, i was told our car was in the Ii-pass lane and we couldn't have gotten a receipt -- yet i'm holding a receipt for the exact date/time they stated we went through the toll.  Someone clearly needs to investigate this tollway scam!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Illinois-Tollway/Illinois/Illinois-Tollway-Illinois-Tollway-Scam-I-paid-my-tolls-but-get-letter-month-later-that-1089264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Illinois Tollway