Complaint Review: Iman Cosmetics

• Updated: Sun, May 08, 2011

• Reported By: makeupdivaofstyle — Queens New York United States of America
Iman Cosmetics

Iman Cosmetics Non-existent return policy, Internet

I'm so disappointed in this company for a number of reasons. I wanted to give this cosmetic line a try after wearing MAC, Black Opal and a few others for years. I went on their website and matched my tone with that of MAC's (NC50). On the site, my tone was Earth 1.

Cool...I go and purchase Earth 1 and...let me just say that I had that whole, "deceased swag' going on! My skin looked this bizarre tone of gray/green. Unimpressed, I went to the local merchant where I purchased the makeup and was told that they would not/ could not process a return and that I had to contact IMAN. Now, here is the problem..while Iman is not expensive, it's not cheap either. I called and the company does not have a 'live' customer service rep-but rather an automated system. So I took the info provided online and wrote in asking about processing an exchange. 3 weeks later and no response.

IDK-I'm annoyed and I feel like this is sloppy. Granted-one may feel like my gripe should be with the actual merchant and trust me it is...I've gone thru hell and hot water with those ppl, I'll tell ya! Nevertheless, I feel like...for a global makeup company-somebody should either respond back and say..no...absolutely not, we're not giving you a refund and here is why OR yes, we'll be more than happy to process an exchange. Better yet...have a real person answer so I can at least get some advise on what to do (like maybe I need to mix earth or ..IDk I think cool is their other tone...idk)

I love supporting black specific makeup companies and I'm dishearted more than anything else that this is NOT a company whose product and integrity I can trust. I guess I'll continue giving my coins to MAC:-(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2011 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iman-Cosmetics/internet/Iman-Cosmetics-Non-existent-return-policy-Internet-727114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iman Cosmetics