Complaint Review: Immigration Direct

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Hudson New Hampshire United States of America
Immigration Direct

Immigration Direct THIS WEBSITE IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE USCIS THEY CHARGE YOU FOR FREE FORMS, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ImmigrationDirect.com

*Consumer Comment: One evidence

This site comes up when searching for immigration issues, this site is not affiliated with any government agency and any forms or information they provide can be found for FREE on the official USCIS web site.

I went to this site thinking it was the official USCIS site, when trying to login I had forgotten my password when I clicked the link to reset the password it created me a membership in this website, no warnings no messages that I was joining anything it just gave me a password and allowed me to login silly me I thought I had reset my password on the USCIS site.

This website is slick, professional, and very official looking so you feel like you are on the Government web site. When I clicked on the option I wanted it had a popup with the price of that service, this web site insinuates that this was the total cost of the application I was trying to file, once you get to the end of the process it tells you to print your forms that's when you find out  that you just paid $149 for FREE forms and you still have to pay the $450 filing fees to the USCIS.

I am probably out my money as no one responds to emails and their phone number doesn't work just posting this to help others from spending their money on free forms

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Immigration-Direct/internet/Immigration-Direct-THIS-WEBSITE-IS-NOT-AFFILIATED-WITH-THE-USCIS-THEY-CHARGE-YOU-FOR-FREE-876144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Immigration Direct

ImmigrationDirect.com

AUTHOR: Kathy - (USA)

We always regret to hear when customers are not fully satisfied with our service. We stand behind our refund policy and in many cases, we give a full refund to users or customers who arent satisfied with our service. We would have gladly helped you with a refund given the opportunity.

We are sorry that there was confusion about being on a government site. It is not our intention for visitors to our website to think that it is an official U.S. Government website; in fact, we plainly state on every page of our site that we are not affiliated with the U.S. Government in any way and that our fees are in addition to any fees charged by the USCIS.

Of course anyone can go to the USCIS website and download the form for free; however this is a blank form. For our fee, we are presenting you a completed, mistake-free application with customized filing instructions.

We have built a user-friendly system that guides people through various USCIS application processes, step-by-step and mistake free. Many lawyers charge between $750 and $1500 for helping individuals with their USCIS applications. We charge significantly less for help with these applications, and we allow users to take advantage of our customer service via email support 24/7 and phone support Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm PST.

Call or email us if you have any issues with our service, we are here to help.

Regards,

Customer Support Team

cs@immigrationdirect.com

(415) 375-3145

One evidence

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

All government sites must end with .gov. If you ever visit a site ends with anything else (especially .com or .net), you need to think twice about using any service on that site.

By the way, normally .org is a non-profit organization but some websites are using it as for-profit.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC