Complaint Review: Immigration Law office of Kimberly Medina

• Updated: Sun, November 03, 2013

• Reported By: NON-ALIEN — Loveland Colorado United States of America
Immigration Law office of Kimberly Medina
225 S. Meldrum Steet Fort Collins, Colorado United States of America

Immigration Law office of Kimberly Medina Baker Kimberly allowed her best friends Mother to STEAL the indentity of over thirty people from files in her office. Then without even a SORRY then closes most of the cases or THREATENS to call authority Fort Collins, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Very unprofessional

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Accurate representation of incident

*General Comment: Other rip offs by Kimberly Baker Medina

This Immigration Lawyer was licensed out of California and is now taking money from people in Colorado for Immigration purposes. Colorado will not accept any kind of complaint on this woman with the excuse that Colorado does not govern out of State Immigration Lawyers. California will take a complaint that can take up to five years to respond. I hired this woman and in about two years she went through three assistants. With her best friends mother taking over the job in 2007. As several RED flags were going up in Jan,2008  in her office that something was wrong, (missing birth cert, credit card problems, and missing money) She choose to ignore all calls of concern from me that something was wrong with her new assistant UNTIL she herself had to call me with the news that her best friends mother was arrested on identity theft in a near by City with mine and several other persons files.

EVEN at this time she didn't even have the common decency to apologize about her LACK of response. Due to her LACK of professionalism and failing to EVEN do a BACKGROUND check on this woman, ( WHICH WOULD HAVE PULLED UP WELFARE FRAUD IN CALIFORNIA) I along with thirty some other people will be watching for the rest of our lives in fear that someone out there is using our information. The parasite that stole this information was able to get credit cards, IDs, plane tickets, furniture, and even attempted to get a passport. OH and the BIGGEST joke of all is the parasite only was sentenced to TWO YEARS. In case anyone would like to read this report, the case # is 08-3268 with Fort Collins Police Services. Colorado.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Immigration-Law-office-of-Kimberly-Medina/Fort-Collins-Colorado-80521/Immigration-Law-office-of-Kimberly-Medina-Baker-Kimberly-allowed-her-best-friends-Mother-552442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Immigration Law office of Kimberly Medina

Very unprofessional

AUTHOR: family - ()

My husband had hired Kimberly Baker Medina and after making lots of applications and waiting the only thing that was done is that he got his works permit. Well after a while we couldn't get in contact with her at all and we would call everyday to ask about what was going on with our case. After calling for so long we finally got an answer from the receptionist that would always say that Kimberly was at court or with clients and that she would give her the message that we called. Then two days later Kimberly finally called but stated that she hadn't received any messages indicating that we ever called but she needed a large payment to continue our case in such a short amount of time. We explained our situation about our funds. She proceeded with letting us know that because it had been so long with our applications that we may not even have a chance. Our hopes were lifted when we first hired her because she told us that there was many options for our case. A week before our final hearing she sent a letter stating she was no longer representing my husband. This lawyer was very kind but I believe she was some what unorganized in her practice and contacting her clients with enough time to have her payment. It was unprofessional to tell your client that they might not have a chance when if you knew in the begining we could have ended everything and not have choose to pay for all kinds of applications.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response

AUTHOR: Kimberly Baker Medina - ()

These statements are patently and intentionally false. Mr. Robert McCormick is an attorney who for a brief period of time practiced immigration law in Fort Collins.  It is quite concerning and most unethical that he would engage in defamation and libel in an attempt to direct business from away from me.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Accurate representation of incident

AUTHOR: Kimberly Baker Medina - ()

I am sincerely sorry that this writer does not feel that I responded properly to this incident and agree with her that it was a most regrettable situation for all concerned.  The incident to which she is referring is Larimer County Court docket number 08CR534, Fort Collins Police Report 08-3268.  It is a public record.

The employee in this case was not known to me prior to me hiring her, and did pass a background check prior to employment and all of her references checked out.  There was no indication that she had any problems in the past.  After she was hired she stole money from me and attempted to steal money from my clients.  The theft of this former employee was quickly discovered and immediately investigated and prosecuted.

The record in this case, as well as a conversation with the police investigator or the district attorneys on this case,  will show that in fact I was the person who reported the crime and actively pursued charges against this employee.  I collected evidence and affidavits, provided stacks of documents to law enforcement, and aggressively pushed for a harsher sentence.

I spent many  hours going through every file to determine which files this employee may have worked on and then individually and personally contacted every one of those clients and advised them of the situation.  Although I never received any of the restitution ordered by the court for the monies stolen from me,  I repaid every client who may have lost money due to this employee with my own personal funds.

My current staff is professional and trusted and have been with me for many years. This was an isolated incident, it is not a reflection of my staff or practice and I have taken many steps to assure that it will never happen again.

If anyone would like more information about this incident please contact me

Kimberly Baker Medina

308 Cherry Street

Fort Collins, CO 80521

Office:  970-388-3332

#4 General Comment

Other rip offs by Kimberly Baker Medina

AUTHOR: Robert McCormick - (United States of America)

Within the last 2 years Kimberly Baker Medina also had clients whose immigration filing fees were "stolen" so she claimed by an assistant. The assistant took it was said over $50,000. Kimberly Baker Medina has also been involved in massive defamation of another lawyer to get his business. She used to get business by dancing at salsa night where she passed out her cards. She was arrested for DUI after one night salsa dancing and net-working. Attorney regulation has had these things brought before them but they overlook them because she is active in the American Immigration Lawyers Association. She has cost people literally millions of dollars and her activities need to be brought to light.