• Report: #203246

• Submitted: Thu, July 27, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 27, 2006

• Reported By:Bay Area California
Impact Worldwide - Impact 210
447 Broadway, 4th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Impact 210, Impact Worldwide - Deceptive and/or fraudulent job offers New York New York

I received a letter notifying me that this company had found my resume online. I was asked to fill out a job application (which I did). After filling it out, they contacted me again asking me to fill out another application for the hiring manager to contact me with an interview (which raised a red flag, but I did it anyway). After filling out this second application, at the end of the application I received an advertisement asking if I wanted to persue higher education opportunities. I cancelled out of that web page with the cancel link.

Three days after I submitted this information, I received a call on my cell phone by some educational institution saying that my email address had requested information. The only place where I have submitted information in the last, at least, year, that had anything to do with educational advertisers, is Impact. They had sold my application data to another company!

First and foremost, any legitimate business should never sell employment application data to other companies. Second, they should not have ad placement withinin an application for employment. Two huge red flags.

Impactww.com web site is being operated at Rackspace.com. I have read Rackspace's AUP/TOS for the server and Impact is violating these terms by selling data they aren't authorized to sell (my data). I did not authorize or give my permission for Impactww.com to sell or otherwise distribute my application data.

If you receive a solicitation for a job consideration from Impact 210 or Impactww.com (Impact WorldWide), do not follow through. Just trash the offer and move on. There has to be some additional scam behind this, so be careful if you decide to do any business with this company. You should also do a search for 'Impact 210' on this website and read what others have written about this company before you choose to do any business with this company. The last thing you expect is to be scammed from a job solicitation, but I guess nothing is beyond the realm of scams these days.

Brian
Bay Area, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2006 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Impact-Worldwide-Impact-210/New-York-New-York-10013/Impact-210-Impact-Worldwide-Deceptive-andor-fraudulent-job-offers-New-York-New-York-203246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Impact Worldwide - Impact 210