Complaint Review: Impact training

Impact training
Internet, Utah USA

Impact training Rip off and destroyed my marriage Internet Bluffdale utah Utah

*Consumer Comment: The Blame Game

Imapct Training it is time the state of Utah shut this unregulated pyschobable place down.  I got roped into it over 23 years ago and within the first hour of cult like isolation and bootcamp techniques I could see the writing on the wall.  After the first session I did not return but the company contacted me by having 3 different young ladies come to my home and try to presuade me to return that it would all work out.  The last peerson even had me talk directly to the owner.  Used car salesman of the century trying to sell me on a lemon of a program of self help.  This program only opens up doors in peoples lifes with nothing on the other side but to keep paying for more training.  The Training is nothing more thatn depriving people of simple comforts and causing fatigue so that one's ressitance is lowered, i.e. brain washing!  This was evident because of my past experience with highly qualified clinical therapist and having a bachlors degree in pyschology.  More that I can say for the leaders of this program.  So now I marry a wonderful sweet caringperson and shortly ther after start getting that our marriage would only benefit from going to the Training together.  Yes we are LDS and I have read the Church's recomendation on theses types of programs.  Well as soon as I said no to the Training, I became the problem.  got worse once we discussed what the Traing had actually done for her.  She could never define it.  I was seeing a clinical pyschologist that had also seen my wife and was concerned about heer and her past problems in life and how the Training left her hanging without any concrete way of growth other than taking more boot camp classes.  I noticed that ever thing in her life was answered by quotes from Impact Training.  Congradulation Impact Training another marriage underminded by the disguiuse of real therapy but all it is is away to make money and prey on individuals that trule need help and not gruop therapy but actual indiviual help.  This program probably will be in the Obmma health care plan for mental health.  good luck on the outcomes and waste of time and money.  The cult like and so called therapy is a loop hold that the State of Utah should shut down before anymore damage is done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Impact-training/Internet-Utah/Impact-training-Rip-off-and-destroyed-my-marriage-Internet-Bluffdale-utah-Utah-1048776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Impact training

The Blame Game

AUTHOR: Jumpypaint - ()

The Quest Training is an opportunity for the trainee to take a hard look at how the trainee shows up in life. My experience put me on the path to a less judgemental life of myself and those around me. What I realized is that I filled my life with drama and gossip. it always had to be someone elses fault--if business was bad I wasn't to blame, if my marriage wasn't working it was my wifes fault, if my relationships were not working, it was always them--never me! The training gave me an opportunity to take a look at me, how I did life. The result of the trainings, is a saved marriage (that was hours from its end) and communicative relationships without blame, expectation, comparison or judgement.

It would seem that when something is not working, we humans immediately look to whose fault it is. In this case, a marriage went sideways and it is Impact Trainings fault. To set it straight Impact trainings among many things teaches "acountability" 1. It's never about the other person. What does that mean? Simple. If I am feeling anything about anything, I get to look at myself, cause it has everything to do with me. Rather than spend time blaming others I get to look at myself--How did I create this? How do I allow it?

What were all the signs this gentleman refused to look at? The marriage was in trouble long before the Impact Trainings. If anything, the training highlighted what they both knew was not already working. Did they both disclose fully their definitions of marriage? Were they completely honest about everything? Their histories, who makes and handles the money, who buys the food, purchases the clothing, what allowances will they each have or can either go on a shopping spree without disclosing it to the other, can one obtain credit cards and run up debt without the other knowing,  children and how many? Where will they spend Christmas, his folks or hers? Who is incharge of the laundry, who does the dishes, who mows the lawn, who writes the checks and keeps the taxes? How often is intimacy expected? How will disagreements be resolved? Will opposite sex friendships be allowed? Does he get to speak to a past girlfriend after marriage? What religion if any will they attend? Is it okay if they speak about the other to friends or family--gossip?

If marriage is entered with one simple commitment - to Honor, then all else resolves itself. Its time to take a look at yourself cause it isnt about Impact Training no matter what you think. Good luck in life.