Complaint Review: Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers - Crown Castle USA, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, February 02, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 09, 2011

• Reported By: lester — morehead Kentucky United States of America
Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers - Crown Castle USA, Inc.
2000 Corporate Drive cannonsburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers - Crown Castle USA, Inc. I GOT RIPPEDOFF ON A CELL TOWER LEASE cannonsburg, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Crown Castle International

*General Comment: Cell Tower Leases

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off?

*Author of original report: Wrong Company

in 2001 a represenative of Crown Castle contacted me concerning a possible cell tower site.  The site was first offered as a complete sale to Crown (approx 5 acres) and plans were made for the sale.  Then just before the transfer was to be made, I got a call asking if I would consider leasing to them.  They needed to know quickly!!!

I agreed to the lease, not knowing the going rate for cell tower site leases.  Further, the rush was on which I now guess was to not give me or my lawyer time to research that which would be a fair rate.  As you can guess, the rate was less than half the going rate. I have contacted them recently to simply review my lease which is for 25 years with a renual up to 100 years and no revenue sharing.  I think they slipped a little by allowing a clause to slip through that they are responsible for any increase in property taxes ddue to the tower on my land.

Of course they have a BINDING contract as noted by their sleazy lawyer.  The rate was for $325 per month with a 15% increase every 5 years.  CHEAP.  The tower now has 4 users which I get no part of.  Present rates are 3 to 5 times my rate for similar sites.

I just wanted everyone to know and be cautious about Crown Castle and cell tower companies in general.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Foundation-Lotto-Alpha-Financiers-Crown-Castle-USA-Inc/cannonsburg-Pennsylvania-15317-8564/Imperial-Foundation-Lotto-Alpha-Financiers-Crown-Castle-USA-Inc-I-GOT-RIPPEDOFF-563576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers - Crown Castle USA, Inc.

Crown Castle International

AUTHOR: lester - (United States of America)

Looks like the only response I get are from more slezy lawyers.  Yes I know it was my responsibility to research the lease rate, but I did not have access to internet in 2001, and their represenative only gave me about 3 days to respond.  I am sure he got a good commission at my expense.  Crooks!!

#2 General Comment

Cell Tower Leases

AUTHOR: Cell Tower Expert - (USA)

I am an expert in the cell tower industry.  I am not a big fan of Crown Castle but you have only yourself to blame.  You have entered into a commercial lease.  This is not a consumer product.  You are not a child but a grown adult who entered into a transaction to make money for yourself.  No one forced you to sign that lease.  No one prevented you from hiring someone to help you.

I find it strange that you can look up this site on the internet and make a compliant yet you could not find the time to do some research on cell tower leases?  You had ample time to find more information on the internet and perhaps engage an expert in the industry for a reasonable fee.

You only have yourself to blame, not Crown Castle, not your Attorney, just yourself.

<a
href="http://www.celltowerexpert.com">Cell Tower Expert</a>

Ripped off?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I agreed to the lease, not knowing the going rate for cell tower site leases"

Sounds to me like you ripped yourself off.   In a negotiation, it is not the other guy's responsibility to make sure you get the best price.  That's your job.

Wrong Company

AUTHOR: lester - (United States of America)

This report was to be filed against Crown Castle International, NOT Crown Castle USA.
Fron the report it is easy to see the intent was for a different company.  SORRY.