Complaint Review: Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers

• Updated: Wed, January 03, 2007

• Reported By:Rome Georgia
Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers
11835 Kingsway NW Blvd., Ste 300 Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers International Lotto Scam ripoff Edmonton Alberta

I got a letter in the mail stating that I won an international lottery from Imperial Foundation Lotto. Apparently, my name was drawn from a computer ballot along with 18 other winners in 3 categories. I supposedly won 120,000. Enclosed with this letter was a check from Aaron Industries for 2998.60 for international clearance fees.

At the bottom of the letter, there was a name and contact number for me to call to get information on how to authorize and activate my check. The person I spoke with told me I had to deposit the check into my account, wait for it to clear, wire the funds to a name and address in Canada, and contact them with the confirmation number so that they knew I had wired the money, and then I would receive a check for 114,000 in the mail in 2 business days.

I have done some research on this matter and have found that multiple people have received the same letter with the same information that I received but a different claims agent name. In addition, the only difference was that the check that was sent for me was from a different company.

The checks that are sent by these people are counterfit, but your bank will not notice it for a few weeks. If you deposit this money, you may be liable for paying it back later. Please be careful if you receive this letter. Do not give any personal infor to these people (i.e. bank info., ss#, etc.). In addition, do not deposit this money.

Julie
Rome, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Foundation-Lotto-Alpha-Financiers/Edmonton-Alberta-T5G-3J5-AB/Imperial-Foundation-Lotto-Alpha-Financiers-International-Lotto-Scam-ripoff-Edmonton-Albe-228587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imperial Foundation Lotto - Alpha Financiers

Mexican