Complaint Review: Imperial Foundation Lotto; Meridian IQ Services, Inc.; Alpha Financiers

• Submitted: Fri, February 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, February 02, 2007

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
Imperial Foundation Lotto; Meridian IQ Services, Inc.; Alpha Financiers
10990 Roe Ave, MS E-101 Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Imperial Foundation Lotto; Meridian IQ Services, Alpha Financiers Said I won lottery in Dublin, Ireland. Sent check $2,996.20. Wanted me to contact them and send $2,835 clearance fees. Overland Park Kansas

Yesterday, February 1,2007, I received a letter and check in the mail from Imperial Foundation Lotto with a check for $2,996.20. I was amazed because I did not remember this lottery, now I know why - it's a SCAM!
I found this out through researching the companies. No listings in the Better Business Bureau for Meridian IQ or Alpha Financiers. When I searched Imperial Foundation Lotto I saw red flags all over the place. Evidently these guys are all over the place.

So far I have seen that they've hit several different states including, but not limited to, Ohio, Massachusetts, Canada. Anyhow, they sent a check for $2,996.20 from Meridian IQ. I was supposed to contact Paula Evans of Alpha Financiers in Edmonton, AB to authorize and activate the check, which I now hear that had I tried to cash it I could have been liable for fraud charges.

I was supposed to then send a check for $2,835 to a designated North American Agent for clearance fees no later than February 12,2007 "to avoid double claiming or unwaranted taking advantage of this program by participants and the public". Oh yes and I was warned to "keep this award highly confidential as part of our security protocol". That was the real clincher.

I contacted my local police department who said to just rip it up, I'll wait to make sure they don't need it, just in case. ALWAYS REMEMBER - YOU NEVER GET ANYTHING FOR NOTHING! Be wary of checks you think may be a God send, they could cause enough stress to send you there!

Rachel
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2007 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Foundation-Lotto-Meridian-IQ-Services-Inc-Alpha-Financiers/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/Imperial-Foundation-Lotto-Meridian-IQ-Services-Alpha-Financiers-Said-I-won-lottery-in-Du-234058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imperial Foundation Lotto; Meridian IQ Services, Inc.; Alpha Financiers

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC