Complaint Review: Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations Aka Ramada Plaza Resorts

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 01, 2008

• Reported By:vancouver British Columbia
Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations Aka Ramada Plaza Resorts
Commercial Boulevard, Ft Lauderdale, Florida Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations, Ramada Plaza Resorts Say You Win A Free Trip But After You Have Paid Them The "taxes" This Is How You Can Get ALL Of Your Money Back Get a full refund no matter where you live Ft Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: What do you mean you did up your official letter of cancellation?

After reading the comments on this site I picked a few good tacticts from others who have got there money back. this is what i did:

a friend who worked at visa said there is absolutley no way visa can get you out of the jam but in florida there is a state law that gives the purchaser 30 days to change their mind about the purchase and is entitled to a full refund.

I called the customer care line and after failing to speed up the writen script they have to follow, I answered the questions as much as I could without straying from my excuse which is I DONT WANT IT ANY MORE, ie why dont you want it = i dont want it, why did you say yes to it = because I wanted it then ... you get the idea, this way she knew she couldnt get me side tracked in explanations and I can get off the phone quicker.

After a while of this they agreed to refund me about half of the cost, DONT AGREE TO THIS - I said no I will get the full amount, I am entitled to the full amount, I have 30 days according to florida state law to get a refund, she then said but im not a florida state resident and so I am not entitled ( I live in Canada). I said well that isnt what Visa Dispute Department says. she imediately put me on hold and came back on the line with a cancelation number for me to write down! she told me to expect to see the money in my account within the week.

I then did up my 'official letter of cancelation' and posted it Registered mail this way I have legal proof of the cancelation.

remember:
cancelation letter (signed)
registered post
you have 30 days to dispute
mention you have been advised by visa or suchlike

Jz
vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Line-Vacations-Aka-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Line-Vacations-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Say-You-Win-A-Free-Trip-But-A-367954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations Aka Ramada Plaza Resorts

What do you mean you did up your official letter of cancellation?

AUTHOR: Christina S. - (U.S.A.)

Dear Jz,

What do you meant that "you did up your official letter of cancellation?"

I called RPR as well and got a cacellation number and was told to expect to be credited within 7-10 business days. I also made a dispute with my bank on the charge before calling RPR.

I want to make sure I receive my full refund.

So, what is this official letter of cancellation? Can you explain this process? I want to make sure to do this if I need to do this to insure I get my full refund.

Thanks,