- Report: #368792
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations - Ramada Report Plaza
Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations - Ramada Report Plaza2419 E. Commericial Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.
Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations - Ramada Report Plaza I was scammed by Ramada Plaza Resort Imerial Majesty Cruise Line, but I got a full refund! Ft. Lauderdale Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
When calling to get a refund I remained polite and sincere. I was honest about being weary of the legitimacy of the company and continued to be PERSISTENT about only wanting a full refund (so do not accept anything less you are entitled to a refund). Do a little research online before you call, read of others experience and how they got their refunds.
They're are people who get a refund who just "purchased" the vacation, and there are people who went on it and still got a refunds. SO read about how others got their refunds and BE PERSISTENT, a prayer also helps of course.
After receiving the offer in the mail, I called for information about it on the 22nd and ended up buying the extended package for $798. The money was charged on my account the 25th.
I called that day on the 25th (which was 3 days after I gave my payment info on the 22nd) to cancel. They couldn't find my account so I couldn't cancel, but they ended up charging me later that day.
I realized I was charged on the 27th. I called today September 1st for a refund and somehow they did have my account in their system then.
He asked why? I said I didn't feel it was a legitimate offer and didn't want anything to do with the vacation.
I told him I did research online, learned of and spoke with many people who had bad experiences with the company. And that I also called the Florida Department of Consumer Services.
He tried to explain the companies legitimacy in which he said the following things:
- we've been in business for 40 years.
- we work with universal studios (and such and such); do you think we'd be illegitimate if we worked with names like that? (I said I still wasn't convinced it was legitimate and just wanted a refund.)
- how many people did you read of online who had bad experiences with us? Maybe 500? Well, if even they were true, which they're most just bogus, compared to all the people we travel, they'd represent 1/10 of the people we travel. (I said but I don't know how many of those people they travel through these offers in which he started to explain how they operate, but I was focused on my refund)
- Did you go to our site? If your in front of the computer (I said I was) go to vacation moments.com. (I said I'd been to this site). He directed me through the site told about virtual tours and such. (And at this point, because I pointed out something else he said, I didn't even get to tell him how I can't access any pictures or virtual tours of anything on that site.)
He said they don't sell these offers on cancellation basis. Basically, no refunds. I said, the Florida Department of Consumer Services says that I have a right to cancel within 30 days of payment without penalty.
He said, "that only applies to Florida Residents."
I said, but your licensed and located in Florida so it does apply to me.
I also told him in the terms and conditions it says that refunds subject to law of state in which consumer resides. He said, that only applies if there's been misrepresentation on our part and there hasn't. We represented the trip fully as is and your authorized the purchase. Didnt you? I told him, I only remember giving my payment info. I don't really remember going through an authorization process. Which, he said, is when they send you to a second person and you give your payment info a second time and ask if you authorize this purchase). In which I said, again, that I do remember giving my payment info but not particularly the authorization process.
I then told him that I've read of and spoken with people who've received refunds, so I know they're given, but I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time, especially since it hasn't been that long since I was charged (I was weary of saying purchase) and that I hadn't received anything so I don't know why a refund wouldn't be given to a person who hasn't received anything.
Later on, on the phone, I remember telling them, I don't know why, if you say this is a legitimate business, why you wouldn't give refunds to people in a situation who haven't received what they've been charged for.
He said, that there is a full money back guarantee to people who do go on the trip and are dis-satisfied or something like that. I said, well, if you give a money back guarantee to people who've taken the trip, why can't I receive a refund when I haven't taken the trip?
He made offers of lowering it to $398. I told him outright, Sir, I only want a full refund.
Stay polite and sincere.
Be persistent (because they will be adamant about not being able to give a refund).
IN THE FUTURE:
As I have learned from this experience, anyone trying to sell you anything like this where they say you have to get it now or you lose your chance, then don't do it; theres a reason they use this time pressure tactic The risk of loosing that much money is not worth it. You should always be able to research anything, it's your right as a consumer. Your money is a value of your hard work don't make frivolous risks with it.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2008 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Line-Vacations-Ramada-Report-Plaza/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Line-Vacations-Ramada-Report-Plaza-I-was-scammed-by-Ramada-Plaz-368792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)