Complaint Review: Imperial Majesty Cruise - Ramada Plaza Resort - I Was Scammed And Working On Getting Refund

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 12, 2008

• Reported By:Lexington Kentucky
2419 E. Commercial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-203-9783
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Imperial Majesty Cruise - Ramada Imperial Majesty Cruise - Ramada Plaza Resort I was scammed via the mail and a phone call...working on refund Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Author of original report: Full Refund Awarded

I received an offer in the mail (11/11) referring to a free cruise I had been selected for by Ramada's Imperial Cruise Line. I decided to call and get more information for this and I fell into their trap.

First of all, it was extremely appealing because I am getting married in May and I thought that this would be an amazing honeymoon. I called and was instantly sucked into the grandeur they talked it up to be. I even looked up the website while I was on the phone and fell for their airbrushed versions of the pictures.

It wasn't until the excitement began to wear off that I had doubts and I did more research...whereupon I found these reports and am now actively pursuing a refund. I've found some helpful tips but if you have had a similar experience and have any tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

Don't make the same mistake I did...stay away from RPR and Imperial.

Brian
Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Ramada-Plaza-Resort-I-Was-Scammed-And-Working-On-Getting-Refund/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Ramada-Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Ramada-Plaza-Resort-I-was-scamm-390329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imperial Majesty Cruise - Ramada Plaza Resort - I Was Scammed And Working On Getting Refund

Full Refund Awarded

AUTHOR: Brilex - (U.S.A.)

So, today I called the corporate Customer Service center for Ramada at 800-203-9783 and spoke to a rep. I got passed off the first time and I thought I was going to be in for it with the next person only to get passed off again.

But then I spoke to a very nice rep and she began to explain what I purchased and why I should keep it. I stayed calm and explained that I had over-committed myself in the excitement and she was very understanding. Obviously, she continued to try to get me to hold on to the package for less and less money, but I was patient and calm and explained that I would contact them again in the future if coming to the area (who knows if I will).

I also explained that I am in no financial position right now to be looking at a time share program seriously and will not be for some time. This seemed to get it for me. She understood (I'm still in college) and I told them again, that if the time comes around when I am ready to look for a time share, I will shop around.

The key is to be PERSISTENT and POLITE. It doesn't help to call ranting and raving about how you got ripped off. I didn't even threaten to go to the BBB or the FL Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services. I had a rational conversation with someone in corporate and not a sales person which made it much easier.

I have received my cancellation confirmation code and my card will be refunded in the next 3 business days. Also, calling ASAP after you find out you might not get what you bargained for is the best thing to do. It hasn't even been 24 hours for me, and the process was much easier than it would have been had I waited.

Be civil and be rational.