Complaint Review: Impressa

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2001

• Reported By:Fort WOrth TX
P.O. Box 502 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Impressa ..Free Trip That Wasn't.. *Consumer Comment

*0: This is a technique used by telemarketers to make cold calls.

While trying to enjoy a afternoon off with my daughter, I received a phone call with a recorded message that I has been selected to receive a free trip and that all I needed to do was call 800-233-9985 to redem my trip.

Once I called the number I was informed that I was not eligible because I has not reached the age of 30 yet. They also mentioned that there must be a minumum income of $40,000 for married couple or for single adults alone. The woman I talked to also stated that because I was not married or living with a significant other that I was not married.

The question was then why did they call me in the first place?? I then questioned how they received my name and number. She told me she could not answer that. I then asked to speak to someone who could assist my inquiries. I had the unfortunate privelage of speaking to Bill F. who claimed to be the very top of the company and that there was no one to who he reported. He was not helpful and basically said that he was not placing my request for information at the top of his priority and he might be able to get to it next week. As a consumer I have a right to know how they received my information and have a right to view this information. He did not seem to agree.

When I view the form that was entered into a sweepstakes, I believe I will find that I was not represented as 1) being married 2) being over 30 years of age 3) having an income of $40,000 per year. I am interested in why they would waste their time claiming to have been selected to receive a trip when they are not eligible? I believe their might be fraudulent activity being conducted in this substandard business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Impressa/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Impressa-Free-Trip-That-Wasnt-Consumer-Comment-6014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Impressa

#1 0

This is a technique used by telemarketers to make cold calls.

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #6014.
It was sent by TheFraudChick at TheFraudChick@aol.com.

Impressa ..Free Trip That Wasn't.. (#6014)

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: TheFraudChick@aol.com
Their name: TheFraudChick

Their relationship to the company: *Consumer Comment

There was no sweepstakes entered.

This is a technique used by telemarketers to make cold calls. These companies (this one sounds like it "may" be a timeshare business) have computers that send out prerecorded messages that fish for potential customers. If an individual calls the 800 number the salesperson is far more likely to make a sale than a *standard* cold call.

They most likely got your number from a phone directory on CD-ROM or bought your information from another company that you do business with, like a credit card company or magazine publisher.

Be happy, very happy that you did not fit the required parameters. They may or may not have given you a free trip to their territory where you would have been subjected to a mind numbing sales pitch. You never know,you may have come inches from being a potential victim for telemarketing fraud.

The Fraud Chick