Complaint Review: InFoStor

• Submitted: Mon, June 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By:santa rosa California
InFoStor
1264 Apollo Way Santa Rosa, California U.S.A.

InFoStor INSECURE DATA STORAGE - NOT SAFE! Santa Rosa California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: For the Record

*UPDATE Employee: InfoStor is bad.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This must be some bad joke

I have had the displeasure of doing business with InfoStor in Santa Rosa, CA, a data storage company. They stored a large volume of data for me and the contents of it were leaked everywhere. Needless to say, the results of this were disastrous. My customer's data was used in criminal ventures and I am bearing the liability of this malevolent action.

I have a group of other people that have had similar experiences with InfoStor and we are planning a class action lawsuit against it and its operator, Gary Lentz. Mr. Lentz has constantly denied our attempts to make his facility secure or to help us in any way. Instead, all we have received are arrogant, self-serving behaviors on his part.

I would highly recommend that anyone with data storage needs STAY WAY FROM INFOSTOR. I wish I had!

Businessowner
santa rosa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InFoStor/Santa-Rosa-California/InFoStor-INSECURE-DATA-STORAGE-NOT-SAFE-Santa-Rosa-California-459717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InFoStor

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

For the Record

AUTHOR: Vincent W. Gaeta - (United States of America)

I am Vincent W. Gaeta, the founder and owner of INFO STOR, Information Storage Centers, Inc. and was initially alerted about this false report by Ben Johnson, one of our long time employees back in 2010.  I immediately alerted the other two owners about this false report where we in turn discussed our options to rectify the false report with our legal counsel.  He immediately discounted the nature of the false report and assured us that "no one takes these reports seriously".

With that said, I would like to point out that any class action lawsuit against INFO STOR as alledged would be available in the form of a "public record" and it is even more important to point out that none exists.  It is extremely disturbing that for whatever reason any person would attempt to make such wreckless and potentially damaging statements with "0%" factual basis.

In closing, INFO STOR has been in business for (19) years and that our owners, managers and team members have worked both hard and smart to build a sound business enterprise. INFO STOR operates out of highly secure first class facilities that are second to none with knowledgeable long-term managers and team members that on average have (10) "years of tenure" with our company.

INFO STOR will provide a "Financial Reward" to any person that can provide us with factual based information that assits our company with the successfully prosecution of the individual responsible for posting these damaging false statements and allegations online.

InfoStor is bad.

AUTHOR: SalesMaven - (United States of America)

Interested response from Gary Lentz regarding InfoStor in Santa Rosa, CA.  His attitude does indeed reflect the perceptions of the initial poster.  At the workplace, I can personally attest that his behavior followed similar lines.
The truth is, Gary Lentz was terminated from employment at InfoStor in late 2010 due to his gross mishandling and mismanagement of the company.  Part of his actions that led to his firing included the behavior that the poster above had related.
Hopefully
the company can recover as more ethical management has taken his place.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This must be some bad joke

AUTHOR: Gary Lentz - (U.S.A.)

I and my staff categorically deny that there is any truth to this post. Perhaps it is a hoax, or an effort to sell something to our company, but the assertions in this post are absolutely without any merit. We do recall having received spam in the past that offers to, in effect, "protect your company from negative publicity" and ignored it.

The facts: InfoStor has been in business for over 15 years, successfully protecting the sensitive data of our 700 clients without exception for that period. We have not had any notification by anyone even alleging that any data has been stolen, made public, or otherwise compromised in any way. I challenge the author to make themselves known and to bring one shred of proof of their claim.

Anyone who is interested in learning more about our company is welcome to give us a call and arrange a tour. They can witness and learn all about our Gramm-Leach-Bliley- and HIPAA-compliant security measures, including alarms, door locks, sign-in and identification procedures, gates, camera system, employee screening processes, employee bonding program ($25,000 per individual), standard operating procedures (including authorized user lists), fire protection system, climate-controlled vault, confidentiality agreements, etc.

We have a very strong customer service and security ethic here at InfoStor and take any and all customer concerns or complaints VERY seriously and work to rectify them right away. We have never been made aware of any complaint remotely resembling the one above, and have never been accused of allowing private information to be released.

Respectfully submitted,
Gary Lentz
President, InfoStor, Information Storage Centers, Inc.
707-568-2900