Complaint Review: InPhonic - CONTINENTAL PROMOTION GROUP- Cellphonerebates.com

• Submitted: Tue, March 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 14, 2006

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
InPhonic - CONTINENTAL PROMOTION GROUP- Cellphonerebates.com
1120 West Warner Road Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

InPhonic - CONTINENTAL PROMOTION GROUP-Tigerdirect.com cellphonerebates.com rebate ripoff! scammed Tempe Arizona

I was deceived and scammed out of $500 worth of rebates from cellphonerebates.com. I submitted all information with signiture confirmation, a huge image of my UPC code including the UPC code behind the sticker that was on top of it since I read about many invalid claims due to the UPC code and what not, and a printed bill from Cingular.com. I sent all of this information with signature confirmation. Well just as I thought cellphonerebates.com sent me an email saying my claim was invalid because the bill I sent them had no invoice date. I spoke with the supervisor on duty at Cingular's billing dept and they told me the only invoice date that they can provide is the billing cycle date and the due date which is exactly what was on the bill I printed and sent in with my rebates. I paid Cingular $5 to send me an official bill with an "Invoice date" and I got a paper with the SAME EXACT info as the bill I printed off Cingulars website under my personal account so I knew I was being scammed right away. I did a search and found out InPhonic was booted out of the BBB for not going by the rules. The number of complaints processed by the BBB over the last 36 months was 1865. The number of complaints processed by the BBB in the last 12 months was 924. Cellphonerebates.com is owned by CONTINENTAL PROMOTION GROUP, INC which fulfills rebates for InPhonic Inc. I am in the process of calling them till this day to get an explanation as to when I will receive my rebates..

Alex
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2006 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic-CONTINENTAL-PROMOTION-GROUP-Cellphonerebatescom/Tempe-Arizona-85284/InPhonic-CONTINENTAL-PROMOTION-GROUP-Tigerdirectcom-cellphonerebatescom-rebate-ripoff-181239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic - CONTINENTAL PROMOTION GROUP- Cellphonerebates.com