• Report: #202544

• Submitted: Sun, July 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, July 23, 2006

• Reported By:Hamilton Sq New Jersey
InPhonic Inc / MSN Mobile
9301 Peppercorn Place Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

InPhonic Inc MSN Mobile ripoff Largo Maryland

I responded to an offer on MSN.com for free Razr Motorola phones when you sign up for a two-year contract with Cingular wireless. I contacted the phone number 866 816 5860 and mentioned code 221183. The salesperson to whom I spoke was very helpful and I ordered two cell phones with a one year extended warranty. He asked for a credit card and I was told it was necessary to put the phones on a card but when I received the phones I would receive a credit of $150.00 per phone after activation. I did get two phones. When I received the phones I called to activate and I was told I had to complete a rebate form. It was only then I learned I would need to wait until I receivd a bill dated between 120 and 150 days of activation and then post the rebate "no earlier than 180 days after the activation date shown on the sales receipt and no later than 210 days. Early submissions will not be accepted." I was never explained this long process when I called to receive the two 'free phones.' I thought I had applied in the requisite amount of time but received a rejection of my claim via e-mail.

The company does not supply phone numbers and when I e-mailed my complaint about the rejection I received no reply. Fortunately I kept all the paperwork and called the original ordering number and finally got someone to give me a phone number. They gave me 866 745 5426. After holding for about half an hour and not speaking to anyone I had to hang up. I have also contacted the Office of Consumer Complaints here in New Jersey. This company makes false and misleading assertions and has no intention of honoring their advertisement for 'free cell phones'.

I will also be contacting the Attorney General for the District of Columbia to make a complaint. This company should be put out of business because their intent is to defraud comsumers. Has anyone received a rebate?

Hamilton Sq, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2006 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic-Inc-MSN-Mobile/Largo-Maryland-20774/InPhonic-Inc-MSN-Mobile-ripoff-Largo-Maryland-202544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic Inc / MSN Mobile