• Report: #201091

• Submitted: Fri, July 14, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 17, 2006

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
InPhonic, Telstreet, Wirefly
9301 Peppercorn Place Nationwide U.S.A.

InPhonic, telstreet, wirefly Missing items and missing rebate Largo,Internet

*UPDATE Employee: How to get your rebate

I ordered my black RAZR from telstreet(InPhonic/wirefly)on August 11, 2005. The internet promotion included an ear bud, a fitted leather pouch, cleaning cloth, travel charger, USB cable and Motorola OEM synchronization software. I placed my order by telephone and was assured by the sales rep that the items advertised would be included. When my order arrived, all I got was the phone and the travel charger. The paperwork said that some items may be shipped seperately, so I gave it about a week. Nothing arrived, so I called customer service.

After two unsuccessful calls to customer service, I started writing letters. I have contacted the company several times about the missing items. So far, all that I've received is a USB cable (useless without the software) and an earbud that is not compatible with the RAZR.

I have also registered complaints with the Maryland BBB, the Nashville BBB, Cingular Wireless and Motorola. The Maryland BBB had no luck. I do have the e-mail address for the Maryland Attourney General/Consumer Protecrion Division in my very thick file folder.

Now I'm waiting for my rebates. I've gotten the e-mails saying that my rebates are being processed. One day when I checked the web site the message said that the estimated mail date for my check is July 21, 2006. That message has since changed back to your rebate is being processed. Now I sit and wait. I may be adding rebate fraud to my list for consumer affairs.

Elizabeth
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2006 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic-Telstreet-Wirefly/nationwide/InPhonic-telstreet-wirefly-Missing-items-and-missing-rebate-LargoInternet-201091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic, Telstreet, Wirefly

How to get your rebate

AUTHOR: Chem - (U.S.A.)

Elizabeth, stop getting the runaround. Try contacting these people for help. It's how I got my rebate.

(((Rip-off Report REDACTED information and replaced it with the following)))

RIP-OFF REPORT VERIFIED INFORMATION:

To contact the InPhonic Escalations Team about rebate concerns, please use the following contact information:

Email: rebatehelp@inphonic.com

Telephone: (866) 274-8573

Monday - Friday, 9AM to 6PM ET

RipOffReport.com removed personal information that did not directly deal with the company or its rebate-related customer services. RipoffReport.com obtained the following rebate escalation service contact information from senior members of InPhonic's management where customers should be able to receive satisfaction and have their issues dealt with in an expeditious manner.

If you come to find that these customer service channels are not serving your rebate problems, please contact RipOffReport.com's EDitor at

EDitor@ripoffreport.com with the following information:

-A brief description of your problem

-The date you bought your item and the date of your rebate submission

-How many times you contacted the company

-What phone number or email address you used to try and contact InPhonic

If you fail to get your rebate after providing RipOffReport.com information that shows InPhonic is not responsive to your rebate enquiries or complaints, then the previous information will go back up.

Rip-off Report staff