Complaint Review: InPhonic Wirefly MFly Front For Buy.com

• Updated: Mon, August 14, 2006

• Reported By:Lakeland Florida
InPhonic Wirefly MFly Front For Buy.com
inphonic.com Internet U.S.A.

InPhonic, Buy.com, CellularInPhonic, Wirefly, MFly Front For Buy.com REBATE FRAUD Ripoff cheat empty promises excuses put-offs delays lies Internet

*Author of original report: FINALLY got the rebate check last week

*Author of original report: Gave Doreen the info she asked for... STILL NO REBATE!

*UPDATE Employee: Send me an email directly

Inphonic, which operates "fulfillment" services for many major on-line retailers (among them Buy.com, the site I ordered my phone from in mid 2003), has failed to honor the 2 rebates i sent. I kept records of both rebate submissions and have sent copies by fax and registered mail. All I get are numerous excuses, put-offs and delays every time I call or write. This company should get a massive class-action against them; I'd be more than happy to join!

Allen
Lakeland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2006 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic-Wirefly-MFly-Front-For-Buycom/internet/InPhonic-Buycom-CellularInPhonic-Wirefly-MFly-Front-For-Buycom-REBATE-FRAUD-Ripoff-c-171340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic Wirefly MFly Front For Buy.com

AUTHOR: Allen - (U.S.A.)

Almost 2 months later I got the check by mail for the full rebate amount. While I thank Doreen for getting this going and while I no longer have any heat with Inphonic as a company, no user should have to wait more than 2 years and jump through 200 hoops for a rebate.

AUTHOR: Allen - (U.S.A.)

Gave Doreen the info she asked for... STILL NO REBATE!

AUTHOR: Allen - (U.S.A.)

Here's a letter I got from Doreen after I sent her the requested order number a while later:

"Hello Allen,
Thank you for the e-mail.

I was able to pull up your account with our internal order number (384640395). I have presented your account information to management and because we value you as a customer ~ and your account is in good standing we will cut you a check for both rebates. Please allow 4-6 weeks to get the check cut and mailed. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you might have incurred. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the future.

Kind Regards,
Doreen Dennis
Office of the President"

It's been over 8 weeks since I received that email and I still don't have a check.

Send me an email directly

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)

Hi Allen,

Rebates in the wireless industry are notoriously complicated - but of course that's not your problem. It's our job to make it look easy, and we haven't been doing a great job lately as we've gotten a overwhelmed by very fast growth.

I know you've already submitted your forms, so send me an email [ to ddennis(at)inphonic.com ] and I will personally take a look at your order and revive the rebate escalation process for you. You'll need to email me your order number so I can do that.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Doreen Dennis