Complaint Review: InPhonic - Wirefly.com

• Submitted: Thu, October 05, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:Bronx New York
InPhonic - Wirefly.com
P.O. Box 100517 - BAV White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

InPhonic - Wirefly.com rebate ripoff Ripped me off of $140.00 of my rebates!! White Bear Lake Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Not their fault

I had purchased 2 black Razr Motorola phone through "Wirefly.com" and I purchased a contract to Cingular. I was sent rebate forms to fill out and send everything that they asked for. I did and I heard nothing. Bear in mind, I activated my phone on 1/31/06 and sent out all the paper work they asked for after 6 months of service which is, the way they put it, between 180 days to 210 days(July 2006). Then I called in on the first week of September 2006 and they said that letters were going out becauase the paper work I sent was to the "Customer Appreciation Center in Arizona was closed and they moved to White Bear Lake, MN. I received the letter on 9/13/06 to be exact and then in the letter it said and I quote "We have reviewed your claim and discovered that it is invalid for the following reason(s): Each rebate claim submission must include a copy of your wireless bill clearly showing Customer Name. Please send requested information no earlier than 180 days after your activation date and no later of (1) 210 days after your activation date or (2) 30 days from this letter date to the following address:
Wireless Reabte Processing Center
c/o Customer Care Department
P.O. Box 100517-BAV
White Bear Lake, MN 55110-0517
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your purchase, and thank you for your participation in this promotion. Sincerely, Wireless Rebate Processing Center.

What's wrong with this picture? I called and I was told its been totally rejected and there is nothing they can do. What the hell is this a math test and I failed? It is their duty to provide me with the best services according to them. Neatless to say I resent a copy of my "Recent" phone bill with both phone numbers listed and my name and address clearly together with the letter they sent me and they still tell me its reject totally and there is nothing that they can do??? They told me if any other problems they have they will contact me and never did. I mailed out the letter with copies of my bill on 9/20/06. I have copies and records of everything and they still did not care. The only reason why I know today they are not sending me anything is because I decided to call today because its been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. How can I get my money???? Also Wirefly.com are powered by Inphonic and they too are crooks. They have an 800 or 866 number when you go to their site and you want to order by phone and that number is redirected and the recording said that they have a "New" national number and I would have to dial 101515800 and the call is $5.95 a minute. Why doesn't someone or company shut these 2 places down and get them out of business!

Sincerely,
One very angry customer in NYC!

Miguel
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2006 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic-Wireflycom/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110-0517/InPhonic-Wireflycom-rebate-ripoff-Ripped-me-off-of-14000-of-my-rebates-White-Bear-L-214419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic - Wirefly.com

Not their fault

AUTHOR: Diburning - (U.S.A.)

Their 1800 number was hi-jacked by scammers. 101515800 is a "telephone directory assistance" that charges you about $5 per minute. Wirefly has nothing to do with it.