Bobbie

• Submitted: Wed, April 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 11, 2007

• Reported By:Livingston Kentucky
InPhonic Wireless Rebate Processing Center, Aka Wirefly
1010 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

InPhonic Inc, Aka Wireless Rebate Processing Center, Aka Wirefly Approved rebate claim but won't pay! Have been "processing claim" for 4 mos after the 6 mos wait Ripoff Washington District of Columbia

In Feb 2006, I bought 2 phones from Wirefly--big mistake! First they assigned us to the wrong market. We live in KY and they assigned us to CA. That is what initially got our rebates denied. It appeared that we had changed our carrier when we moved to the right market.

I began to pursue the rebate in Oct 2006, calling the rebate center which is always busy or so overburdened that you get timed out of the phone system and disconnected. But we are talking about a total of $300 here, so I have persisted.

Their responses to me have gone from "being researched" to "transferred to the corporate office" to "waiving the DA" (whatever that means)to "in process" to "only waiting on a check number". I have been given multiple excuses on the nine different occasions that I actually go through to speak to a person since October 2006.

Asking to speak to a supervisor has been fruitless, promises to have a supervisor call me during the next 72 hours have been empty. Always with the assurance that is will only be another 2 - 3 weeks. Last promised on March 20, 2007, now April 11th, still nothing. Website info regarding my claims reads "received, submission is being processed" and never changes or gives a date.

I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau of Washington DC on January 25, 2007. On March 2nd, they wrote to me to tell me that InPhonic Inc does not reply to their letters.

What a rip off!!! I am at a loss about this. How many people who are not as tenacious as I am are giving up and letting them keep their money. Look at their website, they appear to be doing OK -- lining their pockets with the our money!

Beth
Livingston, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2007 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic-Wireless-Rebate-Processing-Center-Aka-Wirefly/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/InPhonic-Inc-Aka-Wireless-Rebate-Processing-Center-Aka-Wirefly-Approved-rebate-claim-but-243501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic Wireless Rebate Processing Center, Aka Wirefly