Complaint Review: InPhonic

• Submitted: Tue, December 05, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 15, 2007

• Reported By:Corinth Texas
InPhonic
1010 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

InPhonic, InPhonic Wirefly Biggest scam in the world, this company should be ashamed! Washington District of Columbia

*Author of original report: check is in hand!

*Author of original report: Told check is being processed....

I waited patiently since sending my "Customer Loyalty Rebate" off to the rip off artist back in May 2006. I've repeatedly checked the website since they indicated they had to "reprocess" the rebates due to the center in AZ closing.

Everytime it's the same run around, we don't know the status check back in X weeks. It's been over 6 months since my submission and still no one can give me any type of status on when I will get the $360 due me.

I've already filed a BBB claim and they didnt' respond so I guess next step is the Attorney General from what I've been reading.

Now I read this company is teaming up w/ Best Buy to sell phones at the stores, talk about scarey!

Lisa
Corinth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2006 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/InPhonic-InPhonic-Wirefly-Biggest-scam-in-the-world-this-company-should-be-ashamed-Wash-223857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic

check is in hand!

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I'm still in awe, but I have my check for $360 finally! They even wrote in the letter the fact they knew I had filed a BBB complaint so maybe that makes a difference. Who knows, just happy to have my $! Good luck to others!

Told check is being processed....

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I'll believe it when it's in my hand, but it's the most promisiing piece of news thus far.

I spoke to the rebate escalation office 866-274-8573. I'd recommend holding until you get a live person. If you leave a message they don't return your call. I know big surprise there...

I'm supposed to get my check by the end of Jan timeframe. They say they have to verify w/ my wireless provider that I had service...makes no sense considering you have to include a bill when sending in the rebate form.

I'll post an update once I have the check in hand!