• Report: #193503

• Submitted: Fri, May 26, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, May 26, 2006

• Reported By:New York New York
InPhonic
1010 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

InPhonics - Wirefly.com Rebate Ripoff! Washington District of Columbia

I purchased my Sidekick II along with a 1 yr T-Mobile Voice and Data plan via InPhonic/Wirefly back in October of 2005. Two rebates were promised - a TMobile Customer Appreciation rebate in the amount of $50 and a Customer Voice & Data Rebate in the amount of $150. I read the entire rebate requirements at least 3 times, circled the dates on my calendar of the small time window I had to mail the required documents in, and made a photocopy of everything!

The two rebates required the same EXACT documents - so in each envelope, I enclosed the same EXACT contents, double checked that I had everything, and mailed them out within the required time.

When InPhonic finally processed my submissions a few months later, they rejected one of my rebates, because they claimed that I did not send the UPC code, which is impossible, not only because I had double checked it, but also because they had accepted my other rebate, which also required the UPC code (so I know I did not send in the wrong document). I called them up and asked whether they could double check that the UPC code was not there, because I thought maybe they may have just overlooked it. Well, they refused, and simply told me to resubmit within thirty days.

So I resumitted everything again. After no response...I sent a second resubmission...just incase they did not receive the first. Well a few months later, they tell me the rebate was refused again, because I did not resubmit within the required time frame! Everything was submitted the weekend I got the notification.

This company is just trying to give every excuse possible not to reward my rebate! I will try calling them again and update on any progress.

P.S. The rebate that they supposedly did accept and claimed I would receive within the next 6-8 weeks has still not arrived 4 months later.

Susan
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2006 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/InPhonics-Wireflycom-Rebate-Ripoff-Washington-District-of-Columbia-193503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic