Complaint Review: InPhonic

• Submitted: Sat, March 04, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 24, 2006

• Reported By:milpitas California
InPhonic
P.O.Box 100363 White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

InPhonic ripoff scam hiding behind delayed e-mails using flimsy excuses for not paying White Bear Lake Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Finally received my Rebate check

*UPDATE Employee: Checks processing

*Author of original report: INPHONICS SCAM UPDATE 08/06/06

*UPDATE Employee: Try resubmitting during proper timeframe.

Bought a T-Mobile phone and wireless service. After complying with their confusing requirements of filing for rebate after 150 days but before 210 days and waiting almost 2 months I get an e-mail saying that I will receive a letter specifying why my application was rejected. After more than 30 days I get a letter saying "Dates of submitted wireless billsdo not fall within the date range specified on the rebate form".

This is pure BS at it's best.

Why does it take them so long to get back with any information? Are they hoping you forget or lose the papers.

I am surprised that a reputable company like T-Mobile would stoop so low as to use these people and allow this to happen. I think the law should hold T-Mobile responsible for these attempts to cheat honest taxpayers.
BEWARE OF INPHONICS INC.!! I will definitely cancel my T-Mobile subscription after this.

Ajeya
milpitas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2006 11:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InPhonic/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110/InPhonic-ripoff-scam-hiding-behind-delayed-e-mails-using-flimsy-excuses-for-not-paying-Whi-179372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InPhonic

Finally received my Rebate check

AUTHOR: Ajeya - (U.S.A.)

I would like to thank Jon Delahay who has addressed my complaint and as per his last rebuttal I have received a check for $125 to cover the 2 amounts due to me.

Better late than never.

Thanks.

Checks processing

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

Hi, Ajeya:

I looked into the status of your order on behalf of my colleague Jennifer, and I can assure you that your rebate checks are already processing. They should go out with the next batch.

Thanks for contacting us (and for including your order number, which made it easy to track down your info), and let us know when you receive those checks!

Regards,

Jon Delahay
InPhonic

INPHONICS SCAM UPDATE 08/06/06

AUTHOR: Ajeya - (U.S.A.)

Jennifer,

Sorry for this delayed reply to your rebuttal, I was out of the country and did not have access to my account details.

Here is my Order number.
Order # 320427126

It has been almost 15 months since I signed up with T-Mobile and I am still with them. My bills have never been paid late as they are on automatic payment with Bill Pay through my Credit Card/Bank from the beginning. You can verify this with T-Mobile if you doubt this.

I have submitted and re-submitted all documentation as asked for by your organization, a copy of all my correspondence with details of every conversation, name of person who I have spoken to with date and time of each occurrence is on file with me and I can forward that to you if you so desire. Though I do not see the relevance or necessity of this as my transaction and claim is justified and your only concern should be to check the veracity and pay me.
I have 2 claims, one for $75 and the 2nd for $50.
Please do the needful at the earliest and oblige.

Ajeya

Try resubmitting during proper timeframe.

AUTHOR: Doreen - (U.S.A.)

I don't have your order number, so I can't look up the details, but I can tell you that most of our rebate deals require that you send a bill between 180 and 210 days.

The bill you send should show 150 days of uninterrupted service (so you need your 6 month bill to show that your 5th month had no outstanding balance - hence 180 days).

You have until Day 210 *OR* 30 days after the rejection notice is sent (whichever is later) to resubmit a complete application and get it approved.

You can email me at customerinquiry@inphonic.com if you have any questions about this (please include your order number and make sure to put my name at the top of the email).

regards,