Complaint Review: Inbox Dollars

inboxdollars.com Internet U.S.A.

Inbox Dollars rip off Internet

*Author of original report: Inbox Dollars Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Inbox Dollars - does work

After I joined Inbox Dollars, I started to receive emails. The last time when I was able to check my earnings, I had made $7.00 and some change. About a week after this, I had not received any emails. I went to the Inbox Dollars website to see what happened, and when I tried to log in, it said my account was inactive. I sent them an email. Their return email blamed me that my account was inactive. When I tried to activate my account, it didn't work. This company is a rip-off. I sent them an email stating this, but they just sent back a generic email. Beware!!!

Rosalie
Westbury, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2007 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inbox-Dollars/internet/Inbox-Dollars-rip-off-Internet-1033374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inbox Dollars

Inbox Dollars Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Rosalie - (U.S.A.)

I would say you are the lucky one. I sent a detailed message on the website to explain what had happened. I received a generic response telling me to reactivate my account. I tried. I tried again.

I then sent another message, this time expressing my feelings and asking for my seven dollars and change. I received another generic response, again telling me to reactivate my account. I tried. I tried again.

I'm sure there are more people like me, then you. If you take my seven dollars and change and add it to all the other people who never recived their money, the only conclusion I can come to is that Inbox Dollars for the most part is a scam. If not then they should send me my money. I won't hold my breath!

Inbox Dollars - does work

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I have used the Inbox Dollars site with a modest amount of success since November 2006. I actually received a check for over $200 for my efforts as well as over $300 in additional gifts ($25 gas cards, cash cards for places like Sears and WalMart, etc.) for signing up for certain offers.

I have not experienced the problem with my account getting deactivated as reported here. It took a bit of effort, record keeping and research to be able to build my account balance with more than just reading emails. I had to read all of the fine print for each offer I signed up for to be sure had the proper cancellation information, either a website or a phone number, so I could cancel within the trial period.

I had to keep track of all the various member ID numbers for each offer as most of the cancellations required this information. I have found that there are fewer offers that have the extra perks for signing up, but I still believe that Inbox Dollars is a legit site. I am sorry for your bad experience and I would suggest you give it another try.