Complaint Review: Incentive Reward Center, Incentiverewardcenter, EMarket Research Group, EMarketResearch, Niu Tech

• Submitted: Wed, February 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 09, 2005

• Reported By:Campbell California
200 Bristol Court Greenville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Incentive Reward Center, Incentiverewardcenter, EMarket Research Group, Niu Tech free 40 gb iPod Rewards, TheUseful, Consumer Incentive Promotions, EarnFreeGifts ripoff scam false advertising fraudulent marketing research no response to email Greenville And Delray Beach North Carolina and Florida

*Author of original report: Looks Like I am Getting an iPod!

*Author of original report: Still Nothing

Like many others I saw the offer for a free 40gb iPod and thought why not give it a try. I ended up having to sign up for 6 offers which was more than I realized at the time, but I still thought it would be worth it for the iPod and I thought since I was signing up for some legitimate services like Vonage and web hosting that it was feasible that 6 different companies could cover something like an iPod. I actually completed 7 offers since the 6th did not seem to be showing up right away, but I must say I did not have the trouble with offers reporting completed like others did. The site was pretty quick to update me as completed and gave me a voucher to print out and send in.

I filled out the voucher and sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation, then waited for my status to update or an iPod to show up at my door. While waiting I stumbled upon this site and began to worry. I tried sending emails that went unanswered. I tried some of the phone numbers I found, but they went to a woman who claimed she was not part of that department and I had called her cell phone. Eventually I found a ripoffreport from Todd in San Francisco that was very helpful. I will link to his report because it gave me a lot of info:
ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff129866.htm

After reading Todd's report I called the customer service number and left a message, but did not get the quick response that I had hoped so a few hours later I used the info in his report to fax a complaint to the NC Department of Justice. I doubt the DOJ could have contacted them already, but when I logged back in tonight, my status had changed and I had the following message on incentiverewardcenter.com:

"Current Status: Shipping Request Routing In Progress
Our records indicate that you have qualified for a Apple iPod 40 GB and you have completed the Security Verification Process.

We have received and processed your Gift Redemption Voucher, and a Shipping Request has been issued.
Sometimes it can take a few weeks for the Fulfillment Center to assemble, package, and ship a gift after the Shipping Request has been sent.

We appreciate your patience. Your gift should arrive soon."

Maybe I was a bit quick to file a complaint, but the number of problems on this site had me upset. At least things seem to be moving in the right direction albeit slowly. I will update here with changes and hope to include an update on the arrival of my new update. I would advise anyone else to use the customer service number in Todd's report and see if that helps out.

Ryan
Campbell, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2005 11:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Incentive-Reward-Center-Incentiverewardcenter-EMarket-Research-Group-EMarketResearch-Niu-Tech/Greenville-North-Carolina-27834/Incentive-Reward-Center-Incentiverewardcenter-EMarket-Research-Group-Niu-Tech-free-40-g-129935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Incentive Reward Center, Incentiverewardcenter, EMarket Research Group, EMarketResearch, Niu Tech

Looks Like I am Getting an iPod!

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

I just received an email from iShip that the UPS Store in Florida is shipping a package to me from the Gift Redemption Center in Boca Raton. There is a UPS tracking number and they estimate delivery to be 3/16/05. I will update upon receipt of the package, but it appears that if you are patient, you will eventually receive your item. I'm not sure if my activity had any effect or if it just would have come at this time anyway, but I am just happy that I will finally have an iPod.

Still Nothing

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

I got a letter back from North Carolina saying they were forwarding my complaint onto Florida because Florida was actually the proper state, not NC. Anyway, I have made repeated calls and emails and gotten one email and 2 voicemails back, all saying that my order is processing and to be patient. None of them answered any of the questions I asked. Well, now that I finished taking the bar exam last week, I have some time on my hands to get more persistent with these people. This has definitely not been worth it. Anybody out there who wants an iPod--it would be quicker and less of a pain if you went and stood out on the corner in the rain with a tin cup asking for change. Incentive Reward Center: If you are monitoring these at all, just send me my friggin iPod. I guarantee you it will be a better business decision than having to deal with a soon to be lawyer with free time on his hands. Do the right thing. Send the iPod and give me a tracking number. I plan on calling at least once a day now until I have a tracking number or an iPod at my door.