Complaint Review: IncentiveRewardCenter

• Submitted: Wed, March 09, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 18, 2005

• Reported By:Charlottesville Virginia
IncentiveRewardCenter
14545 J Military Trail #189 Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Incentive Reward Center - incentiverewardcenter.com I seemed headed toward a ripoff, but then... Delray Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Good Experience with IncentiveRewardCenter.com

I'm writing this because I was fully expecting to file a ripoff report on this company. Surprising thing was, it didn't turn out that way, and there's been enough information flying around about this company that I thought I'd pitch in my experience.

I signed up for the iPod program, did the offers, and waited. Like many others apparently experienced, there were 1 or 2 offers that didn't seem to update. I tried emailing, no response. I called the vendors, they said they did their part.

At this point I think I was stuck with one offer not showing in my account. Out of desperation, I participated in an extra offer to try to get myself over the hurdle. No luck.

Around then, I found ripoffreport.com and braced myself for a battle if I was ever going to get what I was promised. Thankfully the phone number was posted here.

I called, got a prompt reply, and the fellow (the infamous Eddie, I think?) immediately agreed to ship me my iPod. I was thinking, "Yeah, right. But at least I've made progress, and when it doesn't show up in the time frame he tells me, I'll call back with more pressure."

But, then my iPod arrived as promised. Hallelujah, unexpected relief. They also sent along a form offering a $50 gift card in exchange for a testimonial (I declined).

So I don't know what to tell people. Maybe I just got lucky, maybe this company shells out a reward every once in a while to get testimonials and keep people on their toes. Or maybe they are straight up. I don't know. But anyway, there's my experience.

I think the best advice I can offer is: use the telephone number here, save snapshots of your account status that they show on your browser (various people have reported it changing when it shouldn't), keep track of everything to make sure you hold up your end of the deal, and be ready to threaten them if they don't hold up their end. Keep your cool but be tough when necessary. Persistence usually pays off.

Good luck...

David
Charlottesville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2005 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IncentiveRewardCenter/Delray-Beach-Florida-33484/Incentive-Reward-Center-incentiverewardcentercom-I-seemed-headed-toward-a-ripoff-but-134424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IncentiveRewardCenter

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

I decided to try out this service for a free 40G iPod. I completed all 6 offers required, and after 3 days, all of the 6 were registering as completed. I then printed the gift voucher, mailed it (with delivery confirmation), and waited. I checked the status on the website about a week after I mailed in the voucher and the site told me that the voucher had been received and that my order had been sent to shipping and this process took a "few weeks". After about 4 weeks went by, I began to get impatient. I checked the status on the website and I was told the same thing. I sent an e-mail to the conpany and received a response the next day telling me they were looking into it. Literally a day after I sent the e-mail, I received the iPod. It was brand new, not refurbushed, and a generation 4 iPod (I had been a little concerned that I would be getting an older model that had been sitting around in a warehouse or something). I did not consider the experience to be bad at all. It took as long as I expected it to and I received what I was told I would receive. My roommate has since decided that he would like to try this out. I signed him up for all of the same offers last night and all have shown as complete except for one. I'm going to give it a few more days and cross my fingers. I hate that everyone else has had such a negative experience. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe they are cleaning up their act after so many complaints. All in all, I would recommend trying it out. You only end up being out about 15 dollars. Thus, if it doesn't work, it's not like you actually lose out on a huge chunk of change!

#2 Consumer Suggestion