Here is a copy of the letter I faxed regarding my situation. There is now less than 3 weeks left before the 90 day expiration of this program. All the things I told them I would do have been initiated with the addition of reporting them to the N. Carolina Atty. General as I saw others have done. I hate situations like this but when they do arise be assured that I always get my pound of flesh. With my wifes legal resources it is of almost no cost to us to start legal actions against someone and cause them legal expenses.
If we take it no further than beginning all the procedings we still inflict our own "punitive damages" on them and can at least take pleasure in that. From the looks of all the reports here I am sure these people will be stopped before too much longer and probably arrested. I am doing my part to make sure this happens and I hope the rest of you are doing the same. If a legitimate company got the letter I sent there is no way they would just ignore it. Here it is.
To Whom It May Concern:
I have been trying to get an email response from you for over a week and a half regarding the failure of Blockbuster DVD to report my participation in their service. This is the last offer completion I need reported to qualify for a Nintendo DS. I have been enrolled in their program for over 9 weeks. It is now your responsibility to contact them and get verification of my participation. I have researched your company and found a lot of complaints about your shoddy business practices, refusal to respond to email, and deceptive practices so here are my terms regarding this issue.
1) You have until 5pm Monday 1-24-05 to respond to this request.
2) You have until 5pm Friday 1-28-05 to verify my Blockbuster DVD offer completion and post it to your website.
3) I will verify my shipping address and you will then deliver my Nintendo DS within the 4-6 weeks stated in your terms.
If any of the above is not complied with the following will occur:
1) You will be reported to the Better Business Bureau.
2) You will be reported to the Florida Atty. General.
3) You will be reported to the Michigan Atty. General.
4) I will add my two cents worth about you at Ripoffreport.com
5) My wife who is a paralegal will draft a letter of intent to sue you. She can do this in a matter of minutes on her own time with forms from the office. All she needs is her boss's signature for this so there is no cost to me. How convenient.
6) We will then do the same for every company with whom your offers are associated demanding that they send you a cease and desist order demanding that you disassociate yourselves from them or we will sue them for collaborating with a criminal enterprise. This will get you lots of attention from the legal departments of the companies involved in all your offers.
7) We will begin to solicit others for a class action lawsuit as it is obvious that there are many others out there that have been defrauded.
You can contact me at the email address???? This is also the address I used to register at your site as well as all the sites of your offer partners.
U.S.A. STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!