Complaint Review: Independence Medical

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2003

• Reported By:Plano Texas
Independence Medical
1810 Summit Commerce Park Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Independence Medical And Edgepark surgical ripoff client stealing Scumbags and liars deceptive company Cleveland Ohio

This company agreed to drop-ship medical supplies to my clients. They faxed a copy of a non-compete agreement, and stated that they would ship the supplies to my customers under my name for a fee. They did this.

About a year later, my regular customers stopped placing orders for their monthly diabetic supplies. Because I was concerned that they might have forgotten to place the orders, I contacted my customers to see if everything was alright. I was told by each customer that Edgepark Surgical had contacted them, and offered to provide the supplies at a lower cost. Edgepark also agreed to handle all of their insurance claims.

I contacted Independence Medical and asked my sales representative (Scott Moss) if he had ever heard of a company called Edgepark Surgical. Scott told me that the name did not "ring a bell". I called Edgepark, and requested a catalogue. When the catalogue arrived, it had the same picture of the same offices on the cover of it's catalogue that Independence has on it's catalogue. The mailing address was the same too! When I called Independence, a man named Ron told me that "business is business", and "all's fair in love and money, and this is money". When I told Ron that I planned to file a complaint with the BBB, he threatened to use his in-house lawyers to bankrupt me.

My company was started by my late husband, and I have tried to offer the same quality service that he believed in. I cannot compete with a large company like Independence Medical. I want everyone to beware of this company before they try to take away your business.

Nancy
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Independence-Medical/Cleveland-Ohio-44202/Independence-Medical-And-Edgepark-surgical-ripoff-client-stealing-Scumbags-and-liars-decep-62691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Independence Medical