First of all my disclaimer is I love Indian food and have been to many Indian restaurants in the US.
I really love the entire concept of Indian Palace in Burnsville, MN. However, you will notice the management constantly stirring the buffet because of the amount of grease and oil they put into the buffet selections. That is because the extreme amount of grease and oil they put into the soupy food separates within 10-15 minutes and everyone can see it's full of grease. They do this so you feel full and stop eating and save them massive money. The same reason they mount massive amount of white bread and rice next to the plates so you fill your plate up with that first.
No big deal it's standard buffet business. However, it's quite upsetting when there is so much grease and oil that my family and I get sick with upset stomaches after such a meal. I have been to the Indian Palace in Burnsville, MN during normal dinner times after the buffet. At this time they do not promote the bread and rice and do not put so much oil and grease in the soupy buffet. In fact, when it's an order during non buffet times you get a nutritious meal without the oil and grease that can make a normal American sick.
Do not get me wrong I love Indian food and can see they have a genius usiness system in place. The service and employees are well trained and do a nice job. However, in the name of making you the customer "not eat too much," the buffet set up to "fill me up" with so much grease and oil added made my family sick and frustrated.
Go during normal dinner times and ignore the buffet. This advice extends also to their Plymouth and Roseville, MN locations where I've also been over the last 3 years.