ED Magedson – Founder
Indian Beach Suite Sarasota FL848 Myrtle Street Sarasota, Florida USA
Indian Beach Suite Sarasota FL & owner Kim Bass Smoky small Room attached to her home - Nothing was as described - waste of money Sarasota Florida
My son and I were vacationing for a week in Florida and saved up our money for a trip. We found a property through Flipkey (tripadvisor's trusted partner site) and it sounded incredible. It was the opposite. The place's name was Indian Beach Suite and owned by Kim Bass.
I did not want to leave this review. I thought Kim would care more about the customer than money. I was wrong. She had ravingly positive reviews online about her property. I now realize that she chooses which reviews to approve and not approve or verify. There were probably others who never got their word out about it. And the ones that are on there - I now believe to be fake as she and the place were so the opposite of those reviews. I was sold on them alone. The place was not as described - and Kim was not as described. I was so won over by her amazingly positive reviews that I was just as excited to meet Kim as I was about visiting FL. We even bought Kim's dog a toy from the store - but we never saw him like she said we would.
Upon entering the tiny room - which was so much smaller than explained - we were also hit with a strong odor of cigarette smoke. For a good $80 you should have a nice room and it should be clean and cool. My 8 yr old son wanted to leave right away because it was so hot & smoky smelling. I'm sure Kim will say it was at a good temp. - as she controlled it in her house.
I also had NO idea Kim lived there! This was her home with one small room to the left with a bathroom which had a door to her living area. It was so hot and smelled of smoke - but we tried to deal with it and stay overnight one night at least. I barely slept and had a headache and issues breathing.
What's worse is the way she treated me. I've worked with many people over the years and dealt with customers with my business - & you need to care about the customer (not the cash first). I had carbon monoxide poisoning and can't be around the smoke - have probs breathing. I spoke to her and she lied. She said she never smoked inside, etc. but I had problems breathing every time she lit one up. I politely asked for a refund as I could not stay there for our last two nights. Our trip was a short one and I couldn't imagine staying there another night - having problems breathing, it being so hot and her being rude to me. Even if she did smoke outside - it made its way all inside the home.
She was very rude and said she would keep the money. I feel deceived about the place and sad about how people choose money over doing the right thing. I've traveled the world and this was my worst experience in all my travels. She couldn't have been more of the opposite than those raving reviews and I truly hope Tripadvisor and Flipkey investigate them. She's so far kept my cash and it's just ridiculous. I emailed her giving her a chance to do the right thing so I didn't have to do these reviews - but her love of money surpassed morals and here I am. Word to the wise - don't make my mistake. Stay at a hotel. Use expedia to get a great deal on a local hotel. We went to Best Western Midtown for only $54 and it was so nice there!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Indian-Beach-Suite-Sarasota-FL/Sarasota-Florida/Indian-Beach-Suite-Sarasota-FL-owner-Kim-Bass-Smoky-small-Room-attached-to-her-home-N-1069184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.