LTC Scam at IIM Ahmedabad - Rip-off Report
Alleged offender :
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India (http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/
) IIMA is a public funded management school of international repute. It falls under administrative purview of Department of Higher Education, Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Author's relationship with alleged offender :
Citizen of India -vs- Government of India (IIM Ahmedabad, Department of Higher Education, MHRD) Tags :
IIM, IIMA, IIM Ahmedabad, WIMWIAN, WIMWI, LTC, Corruption, Vigilance, CVC, HRD, MHRD, Ethics, Morals, EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA, Barua, Jajoo, Ketan Bhatt, Jitendra Makwana Refer to documents available at : https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-W_3AOWrL0LMzlmMDJiYWItMWIyMS00MTY1LTliYWYtNmFmNzI3ZjljMWM2&hl=en
- LTC Office Memorandums.pdf contains Office Memorandums (O.M.) that IIM Ahmedabad received from Department of expenditure, Ministry of Finance, GoI,
- LTC Potential Scam.pdf contains vigilance inputs from concerned employees and decisions of management,
- LTC General Ledger - Advances.pdf
People cannot speak or express themselves unless they know said Supreme Court in case of "Raj Narain vs State of UP".
On 10/11/2008 Economy Measures and Rationalization of Expenditure came in to effect through all ministries/ departments/ institutions under GoI control.
However at IIM Ahmedabad, it was only on 9/9/2010 that Manager HRD/HRM decided to implement NACIL LTC-80 fare. What could be the rational for such an arbit cut-off date when economy measures had been in place since 2008? In the intervening period, IIMA continued to doll out huge amount of funds to placate greed of its senior officials. Kickbacks, if any, in-turn may have kept power syndicates well oiled. Referred documents show how sabotaged vigilance resulted in plunder of huge amounts for ALL inclusive LTC package tours. Had institute acted in time, this huge sum of amount would have been saved for student welfare. Increase in student fees could have been avoided.
As is apparent from the referred documents, one Mr. Makwana was denied favors which were hitherto been extended to select band of officials. For example institute permitted plunder of Rs.70,000/-(per person) for LTC to Port Blair (advance of Rs.63,000/- per person @90%). According to General Ledger (LTC) all inclusive package tours were granted for many other destinations as well
. THIS when,
Apart from communications from one Mr. Bhatt and Mr. Makwana there allegedly exists atleast one email (dated 5/9/2010 ~8pm) received by CVO of IIM Ahmedabad which requested for CBI inquiry (and much more) in LTC issue.
- student fees were steeply rising,
- return ticket Ahmedabad <> New York cost Rs.45,000/-,
- MANDATORY Economy Measures and Rationalization of Expenditure had already been in force since 10/11/2008,
- These O.M. unambiguously mandated that each employee availing travel by air LTC will swear that his/her LTC claim includes ONLY air travel component of the package. And that he/she did NOT avail of any other benefit. Did IIM Ahmedabad take care to secure such an undertaking from employees who claimed travel by air LTC?
Pertinent questions that arise,
- Did someone inquire in to this?
- What are the findings? Anyone held responsible?
- How much amount was plundered? Kick-back amount?
- What efforts were made to recover loss, if any, to the institute?
- What corrective measures were taken so that such episodes are not repeated?
- Is it true that auditors are bribed and that there exists widespread fund manipulations in account books?
CVO of IIM Ahmedabad, instead of asking his own department staff to inquire, routinely forces inconvenient employees to furnish solid proof for vigilance complaint/ inputs that he receives. Even though such employees do NOT have access to institute records, CVO threatens them (in writing) with coercive actions in case they fail to gather evidences.
Processing vigilance inputs is synonymous to beating around the bush. And then CVO puts such whistleblower employees on the mat for target practice by Director, CSC Chair, CAO and other senior officials. Target practice to set an example. Target practice to inhibit other employees. I notice that there exists following among other resources that discusses similar issues related to IIMA,
THIS current ripoff report largely tallies with above resources which allege that IIM Ahmedabad is a ripoff in terms of ethics and morality that citizens of India expect from a public institution. Infact documents referred herein current report actually substantiate IIM Ahmedabad being a rip-off even in terms of wastage of public funds including student fees.
We have just seen series of exposes. Malice is confirmed to exist within elite ranks,
- judiciary (running contempt of court case against Mr. Prashant Bhushan when he alleged that half of SC Chief justices were corrupt),
- defense forces (two retired army chiefs and many more are indicted in Adarsh scam),
- Department of Space http://bit.ly/gJ7zEZ (S-band spectrum scam involving senior scientists and technocrats),
- academic institutes (ISB, Chief Rajat Gupta),
- academic institutes (LSE, alleged plagiarism by Prince Saif Gaddafi of Libya) http://t.co/cPegW80,
- academician Dr. Manmohan Singh who as PM overlooked vital records of pending complaints against Mr. Thomas before appointment of CVC of India,
- Academician Prof. Samir Barua who as Director decided on appointment of Prof. Jajoo as CVO, IIM Ahmedabad even while vital records of pending complaints against Prof. Jajoo went missing (((link redacted))) from institute records.
All these people bask in arrogance, sue me if you can.
I would like to repeat, verbatim, one para from ripoff report (((link redacted))) by one voice.of.dissent. Non-responsive BoG, malafide executive and sabotaged vigilance give field day to corrupt officials. It also leaves whistleblower employee without proper support system, guidance and grievance redressal, thereby forcing whistleblower to do their own detective work and search for radical solutions thereby endangering their fundamental right to fair and equitable employment. Truth, honesty and integrity are the biggest casualty.
Under patronage of friendly media (and resultant hands-off approach by Ministry of HRD), institute officials aspire to slice out an imperium in imperio within India. Oligarchy, under faade of autonomy.
Great institutions continuously strive to reinforce their value system and consciously indulge in periodic audit.
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.