Complaint Review: Indiana Insurance/Liberty Mutualo

• Updated: Tue, January 01, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer — Carthage Illinois United States of America
Indiana Insurance/Liberty Mutualo
P.O. Box 515097 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Indiana Insurance/Liberty Mutualo KFC Refused assistance Los Angeles, California

When eating at KFC in Keokuk, Iowa, I bit down on something, breaking my tooth.  My friend (who witnessed event) took me to a local dentist, who, by luck, was in his office in street clothing, said he was doing 20 minutes of paperwork, getting ready to go deer hunting, but seeing I was in obvious pain, he took me to see what he could do.

The dentist said my tooth had broken in half, gave me injections to numb the area, removed one piece of the tooth, took an x-ray and a close up picture of the tooth.  He gave me the piece of tooth he had to remove from my gum (after it had broken, it jammed into my gum).  He said the tooth was absolutely healthy and no reason it should break, that I should call KFC.

I called KFC, and they mocked me "you broke your tooth on CHICKEN????"  They referred me to the owner, who referred me to the insurance company.  The owner was decent and said they (KFC) had provided all the info they could, and it was now in the hands of the insurance company.

The company sent out copious amounts of paperwork, release of information requests, made several phone contacts, and sent an investigator to my home, who tape recorded our conversation.  They contacted KFC and the employees, one whom lied and said that I told her I had a dentist appointment and didn't know if I could eat!!!  (If I had an appointment, why would I tell her, AND why would I be eating before going to a dentist, AND, why didn't the dentist have any record of me calling for an appointment??????????)

They called my friend (witness to event), she told them what happened.  The insurance company told me they were sending me a letter stating they would refuse payment because I couldn't prove KFC negligent!!  I can't prove God is there, either, but He is!@

Just like I went to KFC to enjoy a lunch with my friend, my HEALTHY tooth broke while eating, we immediately went up the street to the dentist, and now I have to drink fluids through a straw and cannot eat on the left side of my mouth.

I am a great-grandma, retired senior citizen, with only Medicare as my only insurance.  (Medicare, by the way, will not pay for dental work, only an emergency extraction.)  This insurance company makes me feel like I'm a hoodlum slinking around corners at night and stealing and causing havoc.  I have no reason to lie about what happened.  They could have paid for the repair many times over with the time/money they have spent "investigating" me.  I am NOT asking for anything over or above the repair of my tooth!!! They can pay the dentist directly and I don't want a penny, just my tooth fixed!!!!  Why does everything have to be so complicated, and seem like they are accusing you of being scum??????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2013 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Indiana-InsuranceLiberty-Mutualo/Los-Angeles-California-90051-5097/Indiana-InsuranceLiberty-Mutualo-KFC-Refused-assistance-Los-Angeles-California-989640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Indiana Insurance/Liberty Mutualo