Complaint Review: Indievest - Jen Malloy

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 03, 2009

• Reported By:Beverly Hills California
Indievest - Jen Malloy
1416 N. La Brea, Hollywood, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-299 9961
  • Web:
  • Category: Producers

Indievest - Jen Malloy Do not submit your project to this company Hollywood California

*Consumer Comment: There's much more to this story about IndieVest

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Posting

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Confusing scenario...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Confusing scenario...

i had a nightmare experience with this company. I signed up for a membership with them because they promote themselves as a conduit between writers and investment capital, but all they really do is attempt to steal your ideas- and charge you for the opportunity to be stolen from!!!!

I went in and pitched a very original idea to their CE, Jen Malloy, and I know it's original b/c i've worked in development and have been doing rewrites for quite some time. She told me she loved it and would discuss it at their weekly meeting.

Then I got the phone fade out. They wouldn't return my calls. The next thing i know a friend of mine in development calls me up to tell me she was pitching my idea to them. And now she really won't return my calls. Her assistant even told me to stop calling. I am now in the process of seeking legal remedies.

The lack of integrity at this company is incredible. Any writer should think twice before submitting a project to them.

Working writer in la
Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Indievest-Jen-Malloy/Hollywood-California-90038/Indievest-Jen-Malloy-Do-not-submit-your-project-to-this-company-Hollywood-California-345951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Indievest - Jen Malloy

There's much more to this story about IndieVest

AUTHOR: Scott - ()

This post is not without merit.  It appears this writer paid for a membership in order to engage themselves with the firm.  If the project presented wasn't something they were interested in perhaps they could have either returned a few calls, or refund the membership fee.

IndieVest, Inc. began with investors contributing millions of dollars in an "innovative" new business model concerning the procurement of viable screenplays and other film projects, raising capital for financing of each, providing professional film production, marketing and distribution

It's track record is dismal.  The firm is near liquidation, it's first film project grossed less than $130,000 in box office theatres and the second is, after nearly 3 years, a project that most could view as "in limbo" at best.

For more information you can always look to other reports here at ripoff.com about IndieVest.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Posting

AUTHOR: Whb - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, the potential benefit of a site like this is outweighed by the abuses that occur when an individual is given a non-recourse soap box to dafame another individual (and their employer) with absolutely no checks or balances in place to confirm any of the accuracy of an alleged event.

I responded to this false posting more than four months ago- with absolutely no response from the alleged victim.

This posting should be taken down in its entirety as this is obviously a personal problem between these two individuals and has absolutely nothing to do with our firm- which has never had any complaint.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Confusing scenario...

AUTHOR: Whb - (U.S.A.)

To whom it may concern: the only memberships we offer are for accredited investors, only; not filmmakers. There is no filmmaker membership offered; only networking events.

Our motto is connecting film and capital... not writers and capital.

We do not accept any unsolicited materials whatsoever from the general public.
All materials we review come directly through known industry contacts, to avert the potential for the aforementioned activities.

If the person writing this anonymous post did indeed have a meeting with a CE at IndieVest Pictures and believes that the above noted complaint is true and accurate, then they should immediately contact me at my office using the same phone number utilized to reach the CE.

This is not a matter to be taken lightly and any confidential conversation we have will investigated fully.

IndieVest Pictures has vetted more than 1,200 projects from top industry professionals over the past 15 months. We have never received a complaint for any aspect of our business in over four years.

Best regards,
WadeBradley Founder/CEO

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Confusing scenario...

AUTHOR: Whb - (U.S.A.)

Our motto is connecting film and capital... not writers and capital.

We do not accept any unsolicited materials whatsoever from the general public.

Best regards,