Complaint Review: IndyMac Mortgage Services - OneWest Bank

• Submitted: Mon, November 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 30, 2009

• Reported By: Kim i — Ladera Ranch California United States of America
IndyMac Mortgage Services - OneWest Bank

IndyMac Mortgage Services - OneWest Bank Onewest Bank My little boy was battling cancer, I was told to mod - paid for 18 months and denied. HELP! Internet

My little boy was going through cancer treatment, and we fell behind in our loan.  Indymac suggested a mod, and told us to give them a down payment, and then pay for 3 months (an amount larger than our regular payments) and the they would lock in a new rate.  This was in January of 2008.

We paid for 8 months, always told they were "backlogged".  When the FDIC took over, they put us on a new "3 month" plan, and we ended up paying that for 10 months.  When Onewest took over, they denied my loan.

They said they were not doing mods, and that my only choice was to "catch up" in 2 months, or lose my home.

By the way, come to find out, the 18 months of payments were not "mortgage payments" and so I was more than 18 months behind!

I hired a lawyer.  After 2 months, he gave me my money back, saying he felt horrible about my situation, and that Onewest was refusing to modify, because WE HAVE EQUITY (which is arguable.)  They would rather have our home, and sell it, making their full $ now!

We have sought help from US Senators, FDIC, OTS, and HUD.  They all agree that we were wronged, but also have said that nobody has the authority to force Onewest to modify our loan, because they are a private bank.

HELP!!!  This is soooo unfair!!  We did everything they asked.

My husband has a great job, we dont have any credit cards......we are not irresponsible.

They offered to help while we were going through my sons cancer treatment (which lasted 3.5 years)...and instead they have put us in an impossible situation.

Please someone tell me how to sue them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2009 01:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IndyMac-Mortgage-Services-OneWest-Bank/internet/IndyMac-Mortgage-Services-OneWest-Bank-Onewest-Bank-My-little-boy-was-battling-cancer-I-530628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IndyMac Mortgage Services - OneWest Bank