Complaint Review: Inetvideo

• Submitted: Sun, May 31, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 18, 2011

• Reported By:Stuart Florida
Inetvideo
334 Cornelia St., #292 Plattsburgh, New York U.S.A.

Inetvideo Failure in quality and follow-up Plattsburgh New York

*UPDATE Employee: Fixing a bad situation

*Consumer Comment: Inet video scamms

* : Ordered DVD's from them without problems.

*Consumer Comment: Inetvideo is using an address which is actually located at a mail drop in Plattsburgh, NY!

*UPDATE Employee: Update 6/2/09

The DVD I ordered arrived in shabby condition: unusable in a broken case. I couldn't get through to Inetvideo by phone and after many tries, got the idea that they aren't terribly interested in answering. I did leave a message at one point and also contacted them by email. This all started on April 27, '09. The replacement didn't arrive and by the third week of May I contacted Amazon, apprising them of the situation. Finally, on May 29th, the replacement arrived. It looked OK, but didn't play that way. The movie stopped about 70% through and then started playing trailers from other films.

This experience makes me think that Inetvideo specializes in defective merchandise and poor service; what a combination!

Mickey
Stuart, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2009 05:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inetvideo/Plattsburgh-New-York-12901/Inetvideo-Failure-in-quality-and-follow-up-Plattsburgh-New-York-457022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inetvideo

Fixing a bad situation

AUTHOR: iNetVideo.com - (Canada)

First of all, our goal at iNetVideo.com is to give the best customer experience that a customer may have. Obviously that doesn't seem to have happened in this case, and even though it happened a while ago - if we did do something wrong we'd like to learn from it so as to make the experience better. If the customer could contact me with the timeline of what happened, I'll check into it and do my best to remedy the situation and/or learn from it so we can improve ourselves for the next time.

I apologize if what's happened in your dealings with us was not up to snuff. As we don't manufacture the inventory ourselves, sometimes defective merchandise can get through. Our policy usually is to replace such merchandise. If the customer can contact me so I can see what happened, we'll do our best to fix things.

Inet video scamms

AUTHOR: Linda - (United States of America)

My boss received a video at my work address from this company yesterday.....they somehow scammed my Amazon account to get my addresses and sent orders that were not placed.  My boss is now very upset...Amazon is investigating and INet won't answer their phones.  emailed and left messages...guess I will just have to keep harassing Amazon to get any results.

#3

Ordered DVD's from them without problems.

AUTHOR: deligeez - (USA)

I have ordered DVD's from inetvideo.com since 2004, they have rare titles that I can't anywhere else. I can say with all honesty that inetvideo has one of the best customer service. I never received a defective item but I doubt they would hesitate to correct the issue. All I can say maybe the DVD he/she received was a defective batch the company had gotten, I know it sounds unlikely but I use to work at blockbusters and it happened quite often.

To the consumer who stated that inetvideo.com was a scam because of the address is  talking nonsense, inetvideo.com on amazon has a rating of 97% and 265534 lifetime ratings count, the address could be a router or a filter, many company's do this.

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

A legitimate company would not be using a mail drop in a town which is 20 miles from the Canadian border! This usually indicates an unscrupulous Canadian scam artist who thinks that he can hoodwink his victims by giving them an American mailing address!

If I were you, I'd file a complaint with the New York State Attorney General's Office and the United States Postal Inspection Service against, not only the company that ripped you off, but against Weena Boyle, the owner of 'Plattsburgh Mail and Shipping Center', the mail drop which facilitates these kinds of ripoff artists!

Update 6/2/09

AUTHOR: Michelle P. - (Canada)

iNetVideo has looked into the situation, and has already granted this customer a full refund as of June 1st 2009.

Initial emails were sent to notify the customer that we were replacing the first defective copy on April 28 2009, and the replacement copy was shipped on the very same day.

The replacement copy was eventually received as stated in the customers comments.

Due to the nature of these items being brand new, and factory sealed. iNetVideo does not test each individual item before it ships out. Which does leave small possibilities for items to be defective. For this we apologize, and would like to remind customers that iNetVideo can be reached during the working hours of 9am - 5pm (EST) and will be happy to assist customers with all inquiries.

Thank you for taking the time to read our response.
Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.

We also invite you to take a look at our website for exciting deals on movies, music, and games.