Complaint Review: Infinity Insurance Company

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Gillian — TORRANCE California
Infinity Insurance Company
P.O. Box 8303807 Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Infinity Insurance Company Clayton Costello (agent) Sent physical mail to my home claiming I owed them $1144.69 for some imaginary loss. Birmingham, Alabama

I received a letter from Infinity Insurance today, demanding that I pay $1144.69 for "damages" on some claim.  Never heard of this company, haven't had any accidents (ever), and I was on a boat at an island on the date of the claim, so I'm certain this is fraudulent.  The letter is very threatening (and the first one I've received), stating "If you do not respond, or next action will be referral to a collection agency of attorney for further action".

Well, consider me responding -- I'm reporting this here, I'll be filing a US Mail Fraud complaint as this came in the mail, and I'll also report it to the California Fraud Division. I left voice mail for Mr. Clayton Costello, the letter sender.  I also spoke with someone else at Infinity Insurance Company who couldn't seem to find the claim (even with the number), so they seem clueless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Infinity-Insurance-Company/Birmingham-Alabama-35283/Infinity-Insurance-Company-Clayton-Costello-agent-Sent-physical-mail-to-my-home-claiming-1046289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Infinity Insurance Company