Complaint Review: Infinity Insurance Company

• Submitted: Thu, July 09, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Apple Valley California
Infinity Insurance Company
www.infinityauto.com Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Infinity Insurance Company Charging extra fees after cancelling then immediately send to collector Birmingham Alabama

I had an auto policy for a Ford F-150 for 3-4 years. I sold the F-150 and replaced it with a Ford F-350. They told me it is against their policy to insure 1 ton vehicles and could not give me a policy for this vehicle. They could not provide any documentation explaining this and refused to give me a policy. I was forced to find a new insurance company for this vehicle. I paid my premium in full. They then sent me a bill that included a $30 cancellation fee on a policy they refused to give me.And they included a late fee. They sent this bill on May 4 and placed it with a collection agency on May 19 threatening to out this on my credit report. I sent 2 letters asking for explanation on how they can charge me these fees for a policy they would not give me. I did not receive any responses.

Apple Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2009 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Infinity-Insurance-Company/Birmingham-Alabama-35287/Infinity-Insurance-Company-Charging-extra-fees-after-cancelling-then-immediately-send-to-c-468109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Infinity Insurance Company