Complaint Review: Infinity Intellectuals

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: FletcherG — New York New York
Infinity Intellectuals
113, Barksdale Professional Center, Newark, Delaware United States of America

Infinity Intellectuals Infinity Intellectual SCAM, BAD DATA, NOT WHAT WAS ORDERED Newark, Delaware

*Author of original report: Update to original report - Problem Resolved, Refund Granted

Do not use this company.  AT ALL.

The same thing that was previously reported by others happened to me.

I attempted to purchase a list of 10,000 POSTAL names for a direct mail campaign I was doing.

Originally was working with someone named Dave Foster (if he even existed), then like the other reports here, got passed off to "Sandy".  Also all the domains seem to change as well.  Red Flag.

These guys seem very polished.  And I liked what I read.  But when I looked at the first file they provided, ALL WRONG.  Sorry New York City is not in California.  And they even gave me names in Europe, when I specifically said US East of the Mississippi River.  A simple sort by Zip code revealed all sorts of issues with the names and addresses in particular.

Apparently these guys troll the Internet for data in India and then serve you up a file that "meets your criteria. [continued below]....
....."  No they don't.  Not one bit.

Well, we went back and forth over THREE times.  Finally I canceled my order with Sandy, and contested the charge with American Express.  I had had enough.  And then they try and push yet another defective file on me after the fact.

Plus, they don't even adhere to schedules of when they promise to get you stuff.  Ordering a list should not take a month and a have of back and forth.

Buyer BEWARE.  Only use real subscriber lists.

And then they have the gall to contest my dispute with American Express calling me "FISHY" cause I wanted to use a credit card?  Wow.

I had to go to a second company to get names because their file was so bad and could not be trusted.  I wasn't about to waste a few thousand on postage to mail bad names.  The best part is, I tested their final list, over 30% rejected and returned.  Not good.  I even sent all the returned mail back to this vendor ATTN: Sandy (apparently he has several last names too).

Once I did a google search on this company, I found this site...and the exact same thing that happened to others happened to me.  Ripped Off.

I am also going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Newark, DE.

Not happy and have re-contested this charge with American Express.  These guys are frauds and liars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Infinity-Intellectuals/Newark-Delaware-19711/Infinity-Intellectuals-Infinity-Intellectual-SCAM-BAD-DATA-NOT-WHAT-WAS-ORDERED-Newark-1043480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Infinity Intellectuals

Update to original report - Problem Resolved, Refund Granted

AUTHOR: FletcherG - ()

Update - November, 17th, 2013.

After going back and forth with American Express over 5 times, requesting a refund from Infinity Intellectuals for non-delivery of usable data on time as promised, and then having Infinity deny the charge back over 5 times, at Amercian Express' suggestion, they said I should pull together a packet of all my documentation and reach out to the company directly, with the additional instruction that if I didn't get my money back I should reach out to the Better Business Bureau as well as the State Attorney General's office in Newark, Delaware where Infinity is located.

Well, finally, they responded to my request as I had everything very well documented per my original report.  They told me to contact American Express to do another charge back through Pay Pal.  And they "approved" the chargeback, so it finally went though.  This was only after they first asked for all of my company banking information to directly deposit ETF the refund.  There was no chance in hell that I was going to give over my company banking information to this vendor for obvious reasons and i thought it was weird for them to ask me that.

I finally received my $899 credit back to my card and the situation has, after 9 months, been rectified.

Moving forward if I ever use a list services again I will only source my vendors from the Direct Marketing Association or other reputable list vendor trade association where the companies are members or affiliates.  Also I will only use verified double opt-in subscriber lists from reputable list brokers who can provide real data cards.  And I will NEVER pay in advance for data.  Finally, I reccomend Googling any company you are thinking of using.

Alas in this digital age, there is a lot of big data and bad data floating out there and folks repackaging it left and right.  Be careful.