Complaint Review: Infofree.com

• Updated: Tue, July 29, 2014

• Reported By: Brandon — Chino California
Infofree.com
Internet USA

Infofree.com Fraud Warning, Credit Fraud, Buyer Beware and Terrible Customer Service Omaha Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: UPDATE

After being a customer over with this Company for over 2 years, we decided to try their "New enhanced service" to hopefully find out what we were missing (consumer/ business email contact lists). Please keep in mind that my staff had received calls to upgrade for the past year and finally I agreed to see what we were missing!

I decided Rather than upgrade our classic ("UNLIMITED" business account, that we would simply try the risk free option of starting another account (perfectly legit and approved by Infofree) through me personally and through my personal credit card.

I signed up and ??? There was absolutely NO DIFFERECE in the sampling of 20 total leads!! The only difference was that with the new service we would only get 200 per month from our $50 a month fee! So i called to cancel and I spoke to the lady who's voice is on the prompt, she was very nice and explained to me that she could turn us off but we should try the unlimited background checks? I agreed and after the month decided to canel and stay with the 1 classic account. THAT IS WHEN THIS COMPANY SHOWED THEIR TRUE COLORS. First- When trying to cancel over the phone it goes to a voicemail. SECOND- They will not call you back. THIRD- They immediatelly went to the terms of service.

Here's my problem!

1) There is absolutely - NO Difference in the leads that I recieved from my classic plan versus the new plan and that is my beef with this company! They seemed to be more interested in being right about us Downloading the  leads to compare than their employees misrepresentation of what we were told we would recieve!

2)They Advertise a 30 day Money back Guarantee with No Indicator that there are Terms That apply or need to be referenced! In addition they have positioned the main page to not show the Terms unless you scroll down the page.

3)They have known of this manipulative marketing tactic since 2012 and have done nothing to resolve the problem for the consumer and I have also addressed the US Attorney Generals office to look into how many other customers have had this same issue.

4) Either way, I purchased the service in good faith and by being bamboozeled by their staff that their new leads were different then their old classic plan and that is not the truth!

After all this we went into our Classic plan and they disconnected us even though we had seperate everything and never had a problem with this account nor service!! We have yet to recieve a refund for them turning off our old account prior to our month being up?? I notified my Credit Card of my issue and they have notified our state legislatures and well see!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2014 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Infofreecom/internet/Infofreecom-Fraud-Warning-Credit-Fraud-Buyer-Beware-and-Terrible-Customer-Service-Omah-1165843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Infofree.com

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

UPDATE

AUTHOR: layth - ()

This customer submitted a chargeback against infofree.com after not being satisfied with our explanation of our terms & conditions.  At that point, we chose to cancel the previous account.  After hearing both sides of the argument, the bank was in agreement with infofree.com and denied the chargeback request made by the customer.

Infofree.com has never claimed to have DIFFERENT leads available in the new system.  The new service now comes with 1,000* credits per month.

1)      Our employees have never told customers that the leads are different in our new system.  The “classic” system has not been available to new customers for a year and a half.   During this time, infofree.com has spent millions of dollars to turn our system into a “one-stop shop” for business owners.  Our new system provides a collection of services that are not available to “classic” users.

1. FREE access to a built in CRM (contact manager) that allows customers to move up to 20,000 leads into their personalized CRM without charging them any credits!
  2. UNLIMITED access to our Business Credit Reports database!
  3. UNLIMITED access to Background & Criminal Searches!
  4. A number of new selection options and databases!

2)      Additionally, we do offer a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee as follows:

Money Back Guarantee- The Money Back Guarantee is limited to the discretion of the Company and is not available for subscribers that have downloaded any amount of sales leads. Once your account is cancelled, all saved searches and sales leads, as well as any remaining credits, will be deleted and you will no longer have access to the account. Monthly Subscribers: Within the first 30 days of subscription start date: If you have not downloaded any sales leads, you can receive a full refund for the first month of your subscription including your set-up charge. After the first 30 days of subscription start date: If you have not downloaded any sales leads in the current month, you can cancel at any time and receive a full refund for the current month.

3)      Many new customers take advantage of our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and understand that they are only eligible for the refund if they do not download any sales leads.

4)      Finally, we do not advertise or market our new system as a pool of new sales leads.

At Infofree.com we pride ourselves on providing a top quality product with top rate customer service. We apologize for this isolated incident and strive to find resolutions for any issues moving forward.