Complaint Review: Ing Direct

• Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:howard Ohio
Ing Direct
111 Gordon Baker Rd Toronto, Ontario Canada

Ing Direct Sent me a letter saying I won a 450,000 lottery prize and had to pay them taxes for it up front. SCAM! Toronto, Ontario

I received a letter from this company saying I won 450,000, which seemed strange to me because I didn't remember signing up for any sort of lottery. Enclosed was also a check for 4,950.00, and it asked for me to contact a representative before I cashed the check.
The actual check is a legitimate check from CitiBank and Lazard Freres & Co. LLC, but the company it is coming from is a complete and total scam. It's not a real lottery.

They tell you to pay the taxes for it up front simply so they get your money, and you never receive the 450,000. Therefore, DO NOT cash the check and do not think it is real if you receive a letter, or a check from this company. It is a total and complete scam.

Wendy2244
howard, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ing-Direct/Toronto-Ontario/Ing-Direct-Sent-me-a-letter-saying-I-won-a-450000-lottery-prize-and-had-to-pay-them-taxes-395294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ing Direct