Complaint Review: Ing Direct

• Updated: Fri, December 11, 2009

• Reported By:New Castle Pennsylvania
Ing Direct
111 Gordon Baker Rd Toronto, Ontario Canada

Ing Direct sent me a check,and said i won the lottery the check bounced and my bank charged Toronto Ontario

*Consumer Comment: wrong ING

*Consumer Suggestion: Hint:

they(ing direct) contacted me ,with a letter stating i won the lottery, and i should cash the check, as soon as possible.my bank has a hold on checks over 2000.00 for a total of 5 days i have internet baking, and went on line today, and saw the check had bounced, and my bank charged me for the tranaction.

Diane
New Castle, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ing-Direct/Toronto-Ontario/Ing-Direct-sent-me-a-checkand-said-i-won-the-lottery-the-check-bounced-and-my-bank-charge-467099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ing Direct

wrong ING

AUTHOR: Donna - (USA)

You have reported the wrong company.

ING Direct is a bank.

ING Direct Financial, Inc. is listed on the Better Business Bureau website under the "Sweepstakes, Foreign Lottery, Work at Home, and Other Scams Using Fake Checks" section.

I'm sorry to hear that you fell for this but you are blaming the wrong company here.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Hint:

AUTHOR: Pickledleprechauns - (U.S.A.)

You can't win if you don't try; if you didn't buy a lottery ticket, you didn't win it. And no one is going to come to you to tell you you win. I understand wishful thinking, but really? And I don't understand the check bouncing. As far as I know, the only way YOU get charged is if YOUR check bounced.