Complaint Review: Ink Wizard Tattoos

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By:Griffin ga
Ink Wizard Tattoos
141 North Expressway Griffin, Georgia United States of America

Ink Wizars Tattoos, Bogus Apprenticeship Program, False Sub-Contractor Agreements

*Consumer Comment: not everybody has bad experiences with ink wizard

*Consumer Suggestion: would not recommend them to anyone!

*0: Ink Wizards Tattoos, Bogus Apprenticeship Program, False Sub-Contractor Agreements

Ink Wizard Tattoos located in Griffin, Georgia is running a bogus 2 yr.apprenticeship program for unsuspecting artists. I was already tattooing before i went to them, but before i could work, i would have to complete an apprenticeship which costs about $3,000. In the apprenticeship they are supposed to teach you skills related to the trade of tattooing and have you work under the suppervision of a superior artist. They do neither. Withen the first 3 months of my so called apprenticeship. I was transferred from the Griffin location and given a position in their Macon studio, an hour away. While there nobody taught me a thing. I continued to learn on my own with no help from any apparent mentor. Now their was a pretty good artist in the shop but he was fired after about 6 months of my being there and now i was the shops head artist. Gary Hall, Ink Wizards, apparent owner then hired some crack addict straight offf the streeet to fill the other artist spot. He neglected to tell him of the apprenticeship program all new artist must go thru and hired him straight up. Now i'm in the shop paying Ink Wizard to be taught and i'm the one doing all the teaching; not to mention fixing all the s**t work this new crack head is putting out. In the end i get reprimanded for doing work for free (fixing the other artist F*** ups)!!!! So i quit...

They also have you sign a non competent agreement, saying in return for teaching you the skills of the trade, you agree not to work for or open up a competing entity. If you do they in turn try to sue you for the sum of about $7,000. I have since opened up a competing studio within 2 miles if there Griffin Shop. They have yet attempted to sue me. Maybe they figured their claim was bogus as are there apprenticeships. People beware, anything with the Ink Wizard Tattoo name attached to it, is nothing more than s**t with frosting on top, either way you look at it, it's still s**t.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ink-Wizard-Tattoos/Griffin-Georgia-30223/Ink-Wizars-Tattoos-Bogus-Apprenticeship-Program-False-Sub-Contractor-Agreements-6314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ink Wizard Tattoos

not everybody has bad experiences with ink wizard

AUTHOR: Jenni-poo - (U.S.A.)

I have 6 tattoos and have gotten everyone of them at Ink Wizard. I will go back again and again everytime I add another to my collection. Gary, the owner is the only one I let do my tattoos. I am very pleased with the outcome everytime. He is always very friendly and does exceptional work. I have had plenty of people tell me that they won't go to ink wizaerd because their prices are to high, my thoughts on that are, you get what you pay for. If it is going to be on my body for the rest of my life I want it to look good. I will pay whatever Gary charges because I know the end result will be great. I am sorry that anyone has had a bad experience with ink wizard, but at the Griffin location i have had nothing but good ones.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

would not recommend them to anyone!

AUTHOR: Melanie - (U.S.A.)

For the last year or so I have been trying to talk people out of going to Ink Wizard. I went to the Griffin Shop for a special tattoo, which ended up crooked. I might have found out it was crooked it they would have given me a mirror to look at it. But I figured it was good because he placed it 3 times before being happy with the position himself.

I also got my tongue peirced there and the guy just hand me sit on a counter top and stick my tongue out...He did not use a clamp on it, which I understand to be general practice.

I am very unhappy with Ink Wizard and would not recommend them to anyone!

#3 0

AUTHOR: - ()

Ink Wizard Tattoos located in Griffin, Georgia is running a bogus 2 yr.apprenticeship program for unsuspecting artists. I was already tattooing before i went to them, but before i could work, i would have to complete an apprenticeship which costs about $3,000. In the apprenticeship they are supposed to teach you skills related to the trade of tattooing and have you work under the suppervision of a superior artist. They do neither. Withen the first 3 months of my so called apprenticeship. I was transferred from the Griffin location and given a position in their Macon studio, an hour away. While there nobody taught me a thing. I continued to learn on my own with no help from any apparent mentor. Now their was a pretty good artist in the shop but he was fired after about 6 months of my being there and now i was the shops head artist. Gary Hall, Ink Wizards, apparent owner then hired some crack addict straight offf the streeet to fill the other artist spot. He neglected to tell him of the apprenticeship program all new artist must go thru and hired him straight up. Now i'm in the shop paying Ink Wizard to be taught and i'm the one doing all the teaching; not to mention fixing all the s**t work this new crack head is putting out. In the end i get reprimanded for doing work for free (fixing the other artist f**k ups)!!!! So i quit...