Complaint Review: Inmate Calls Connect

• Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Ocean City Maryland
Inmate Calls Connect
, Select State/Province USA

Inmate Calls Connect False advertising regarding local numbers for inmates internet South Carolina

I called Inmate Calls Connect and received a number to use for my loved one that is in prison.  Their advertisement lead me to believe this would be a local number and would save my loved one money on phone calls.

The number I was given was not working, so I called back and reported the problem.  A few days later I was given another number to give to my family member.  The new number was not a local number so there was no savings by using the number.  I specifically asked if the new number was local to the area of incarceration and was told that it WAS a local number.

I called and emailed ICC a number of times trying to resolve the situation, to no avail.  Finally I found another company that was very helpful and did provide a local number.  I respectfully asked for a refund from ICC since I did not receive what was promised.  They never called me back - instead they contacted me through email.  Many days elapsed between emails and I was told they do not guarantee local numbers but instead they advertise they could provide a number closer to the facility of my loved one.  That was not made clear to me when I ordered the service.  They refused to refund my money, so I definitely do not recommend them.

The company I recommend is Cons Call Home.  When you deal with them you can actually speak to someone and resolve any issues that are of concern.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inmate-Calls-Connect/Select-StateProvince/Inmate-Calls-Connect-False-advertising-regarding-local-numbers-for-inmates-internet-South-1087404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inmate Calls Connect