Complaint Review: Innovative Merchant Services

• Submitted: Mon, January 09, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 14, 2006

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Innovative Merchant Services
26541 Agoura Rd Suite 200 Calabasas, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Services Charged $295 termination fee after doing nothing for me Calabasas California

*UPDATE Employee: Contracts State Termination Fee

I was just trying to do a favor for a friend by setting up a website and shopping cart for him. The business didn't really bring in any business online so my friend decided he didn't want to pay Innovative the monthly charges any more, mainly because they were unstable. $20 here, $15 there and $70 here, he just couldn't afford it anymore. When I called to cancel the merchant account I was informed about the hidden $295 cancellation fee and was extremely upset. I was not about to make my friend pay the fee as this whole thing was my fault, so I ate the charge. This company is extremely corrupt and I would recomend anybody thinking about getting a merchant/gateway company to stay away from Innovative Merchant Services. They weren't even going to tell me about the fee when I called to find out how to cancel the service, I had to ask specifically if there were any cancellation fees. All I can say is before you purchase, spend the hours it takes to read all of the small print because they said that it was somewhere in the application that was signed.

Rob
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2006 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Services/Calabasas-California-91302/Innovative-Merchant-Services-Charged-295-termination-fee-after-doing-nothing-for-me-Calab-171108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Services

Contracts State Termination Fee

AUTHOR: Leanne - (U.S.A.)

Based on the information provided, it sounds like this business signed up for the Merchant Account via our online Merchant Application. This application requires that the customer read the Merchant Agreement and click "I AGREE" before continuing with the process. In addition, there is a special box to click "I AGREE" in regard to the termination fee. Our documentation is very clear, however many customers, in their haste to apply, neglect to read the information provided. If this application was made via the conventional means, there is a paragraph just above the signature line that also explains the Termination Fee.