retired

• Submitted: Wed, September 01, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 05, 2005

• Reported By:77502 Texas
Innovative Merchant Solutions
26520 Agoura Road Calabasas, California U.S.A.

Innovative Merchant Solutions False Advertisement Calabasas California

*Consumer Comment: Merchant's Solution run like hell or hang up.

*Consumer Comment: I receive these flyers and they do not offer a web site

In March 2004 I was trying to start a business. I had received several brochures offering Merchant Accounts for my business. This is when I got the Innovative Merchant Solutions brochure announcing free merchant account, no application fee or set up fee, 1st month free and a free website.

I requested information since I figured I would save money by not having to build a website since it was offered to me free, and surely enough I singed a contract with them. At the beginning they were very helpful and I could contact them at any time for any questions I had, but when I tried to have them set up my website, they were no where to be found.

To make a long story short, I never got the website, they charged me for a Gateway fee (processing cards over the internet) which was suppose to be paid by them and I could never get a refund. Ofcourse nobody likes to be ignored, especially lied to, so when I tried to cancel the account they wanted to charge me a cancellation fee for $395.00, that is when I reported them to the to the Better Business Bureau for false advertisement on April 19, 2004.

But that is not my biggest concern, due to this, I signed a Lease with Lease Finance Group,a Division of CIT and now I can not get out of it. I do understand that this lease is non-cancellable by the Lessee, but can be cancelled by the Lessor.

Unfortunately they are not willing to come to an agreement, since they do not care, they only want their payments.

I am desperate in finding a solution, I am not sure if there is any legal way I can get out of this, since I felt I was lied to by this company and that they told me whatever they had to tell me in order to get my signature on that contract and after they accomplished it, they ignored me.

If anybody has any suggestions or legal advice about this, I would really appreciate it!

I hope this information can be helpful to others so they do not make the same mistake as I did in believing in companies who offer the best of the best and turn out to be frauds and liars.

Jennifer
77502, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2004 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions/Calabasas-California-91302/Innovative-Merchant-Solutions-False-Advertisement-Calabasas-California-106484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Innovative Merchant Solutions

Merchant's Solution run like hell or hang up.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

As I've said before, anytime you are contacted by any company with the term "Merchants Solution" in the title, run like hell or hang up. Every time I've been contacted by any company with MS in their title, they've tried to fleece me from my money.

I just want to protect a good local company against a sour person.

I have received these flyers and I use this company's service and I never heard of them having anything to do with wed site development.